Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would do 70d instead of 60 personally

Comment

Bill, how's the PUSH\PULL focus working?

Is the 60D FPS meeting your expectations?

Comment

I have owned a 100/400 for about 10 years or so. It is a great lens and I have taken many photos with it. If it does have a drawback, it is in the push/pull design. The system is good for finding the zoom range quickly. However, they are not weather proof. Mine has had to be sent back to Canon a couple of times over the years for cleaning the dust out. The pushing and pulling will actually suck in dust thru the seal assembly.

I would send it in before the warranty expires for a cleaning. As an added bonus it will be re-calibrated by hand instead of machine and come back better than new!

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
          Bill, how's the PUSH\PULL focus working?

Is the 60D FPS meeting your expectations?
          Originally posted by Texun1 View Post
          I have owned a 100/400 for about 10 years or so. It is a great lens and I have taken many photos with it. If it does have a drawback, it is in the push/pull design. The system is good for finding the zoom range quickly. However, they are not weather proof. Mine has had to be sent back to Canon a couple of times over the years for cleaning the dust out. The pushing and pulling will actually suck in dust thru the seal assembly.

I would send it in before the warranty expires for a cleaning. As an added bonus it will be re-calibrated by hand instead of machine and come back better than new!
          I have to admit that I was caught a bit off guard by the push/pull zoom function. I read nothing about it in any description of the lens. I have always had a zoom ring regardless of the size lens. Having said that, it's fine and I'm getting use to it. I'm still learning the camera, set up, features that I will use most, etc. I've taken shots playing with the camera but nothing serious yet.

Bill I take it Canon will clean the lens under warranty?

Comment

Working...
          X