No announcement yet.

Almost at the end of my rope.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My check engine light came on in my daily driver a couple of years ago. A two inch piece of electrical tape fixed it.

Comment

Keep your head up Randy! You're tough as nails and you know you have plenty of us on here for help with anything! Holler if I can help out

Comment

I feel you my light just came on today and I just spent $1500 on it 2 weeks ago. Its a 2014 silverado

Comment

Well... it can only get better.

Comment

My 03 Silverado would have that same code come on, when the weather got cool. Weather
            would warm up and it would go away. Was hard to figure exactly what caused it, but it didn't affect performance. You might clear the code if you need to pass inspection. But don't sweat it too much. Hang in there

Comment

If it's only a EVAP system code, learn to live with the check engine light and or tape over it. It could be as simple as a bad gas cap, but most newer vehicles will set off a light with a gas cap, indicating it's not sealed. Most likely it's something else. Either way, it will not affect the way the vehicle runs.
              As for lawn mowers, I used to hunt Craigslist and find cheap mowers, get them running and use them till they were completely dead. Best mower I ever had, was a 12 hp riding mower, I bought for $20, only spent $10 to get it going. That mower lasted a long time. I don't think I ever paid more than $100 for a mower and they all lasted at least two years, all riding mowers. I think that $20 mower lasted me about 7 or 8 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                Y'all know that about a month ago I had to get another truck. Due to financial difficulties, I had to pull money out of my 401k. Bought a 2013 Silverado that I have really been liking...... until yesterday morning. Check engine light came on. P0446. EVAP System. I'm so tired of everything going wrong. Had to peg out a credit card for a lawn mower a couple of weeks ago too. It's one thing after a frickin nother. I'm not sure how much longer I can take this ****. Sorry for the rant. This is getting old quick.
                Hey man join the club. It will get better
                Last edited by lovemylegacy; 10-17-2018, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
                  Well... it can only get better.
                  I've been hearing that for 10 years. Hopefully it does.

I've about decided the over filling is the culprit. Seems 2010 and up a few years had this problem.

Comment

God will provide, if you let him.

Isaiah 43:2. "When you go through deep waters, I will be with you.”

Psalm 37:5. "Commit your way to the Lord.”

Romans 8:18. "The pain that you've been feeling, can't compare to the joy that's coming."

Trust in him.....I went through the same issues. It wasn’t until I handed it all over to the Lord, that things started to change. Still battle with it every day.

Comment

Keep your head up sir

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Durn gas cap!

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
                          “Tough times don’t last, Tough people do”

Let me know if you need any help

Great quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                            Durn gas cap!
                            Did that fix the issue?? Hope so and hope it turns around for you and your family. Keep your chin up it will get better.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                              Did that fix the issue?? Hope so and hope it turns around for you and your family. Keep your chin up it will get better.
                              Wednesday when I got the code read, I went ahead and got a new cap. The old one didn't seem right for some reason. Thursday when I got home from work I cleared the code with my reader. CEL hasn't been back on since and I've put close to 100 miles on it.

Comment

Great news. Good thing about that problem is its generally an easy and cheap fix.

Comment

Working...
                                X