Espresso

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Espresso

I have a Breville Café Roma and I think I have had it for about 10 years and its still kicking *** but lately I have been wanting to up my game and pull some real good extract.

For those with a home system what are yall using and what would you recommend. Something in the 500 or under range is where Im comfortable.

My blood pressure just shot up from reading this intro.

Comment

I've got the same machine, probably same age. Until it dies and is broken, don't fix it.

My suggestion, buy green beans from Sweet Maria's or similar source and start roasting your own beans. Buy an Aero Press and you will have some unbelievable tasty java. I roast my beans in a hot air popcorn popper.

https://www.sweetmarias.com/

Comment

Love it.. you guys know your coffee/expresso... Yum...

Comment

I have this one and it is pretty awesome
          Attached Files

Comment

I prefer to go out for my morning perc...

Comment

Men drink coffee. Sweet ladies drink "espresso"

Comment

Originally posted by CrookedArrow View Post
                Men drink coffee. Sweet ladies drink "espresso"
                Those confused about their sexuality take positions on what types of coffee others drink.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                  I've got the same machine, probably same age. Until it dies and is broken, don't fix it.

My suggestion, buy green beans from Sweet Maria's or similar source and start roasting your own beans. Buy an Aero Press and you will have some unbelievable tasty java. I roast my beans in a hot air popcorn popper.

Im going to look into this. I bet it makes the house smell great.

Have you ever used the ese pods in your Roma? I bought some Illy brand ones hoping to save time in the morning but they clog up the system making for slow low quality pours. Now I can buy the Illy in a can and tamp it myself and it works perfect. I thought maybe my system is just getting to old and weak but maybe its just the pods.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post

This^ J Sweet, I see your in the woodlands. We have a few awesome coffee companies who roast their own beans here in Houston. I just picked up a bag from Amaya Roasting Company last night. Beans were roasted just 2days ago. Also another to check out would be Greenway Coffee. Both are great companies. Amaya Roasting has a coffee shop called Catalina coffee on Washington Ave. You should check it out

We carry only the finest quality coffee by working with responsible coffee farmers and importers.

Comment

You're in the woodlands
                      No reason why you shouldn't patronize 3rd Gen

Comment

Originally posted by Jason85 View Post
                        This^ J Sweet, I see your in the woodlands. We have a few awesome coffee companies who roast their own beans here in Houston. I just picked up a bag from Amaya Roasting Company last night. Beans were roasted just 2days ago. Also another to check out would be Greenway Coffee. Both are great companies. Amaya Roasting has a coffee shop called Catalina coffee on Washington Ave. You should check it out

We carry only the finest quality coffee by working with responsible coffee farmers and importers.

http://www.greenwaycoffee.com/
                        I used to get my beans back in the day from Hubble and Hudson when they had the market open. They would roast it in front of you and you would take it home warm. They had coffee's up to 50 dollars a pound. The most expensive was a bean from Kona that had such low acid that it could be used by people with ulcers and other acid issues. So good.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                          https://www.thirdgencoffee.com

You're in the woodlands
                          No reason why you shouldn't patronize 3rd Gen
                          Ok over by Amerigos. I will give it a try, thanks.

Comment

Illy, good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                              Those confused about their sexuality take positions on what types of coffee others drink.
                              Ha!!

Comment

Working...
                              X