Public Hunting Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
    Water purification. I have run out on SHNF enough times that I bought a purifier. Might not taste the best, but better than dehydration!
    This 1000000000X

I usually start out with 2 full nalgenes and have often still had to break out the steripen...

Comment

Most of the stuff I might suggest has all ready been listed so I will just add a couple of thoughts.

1) Make sure to pack your patience and plenty of it every time you go out. No matter how far you go, at least here in Texas, you will have "shake your head" moment with some other hunter. Don't allow that to ruin your hunt/experiance just move along.

2) Scouting goes a long ways to achieving repeatable success.

Comment

A digital compass with savable waypoints. The one I use is called a backtrack. It’s about $30. You save your parking spot with a push of a button. And then take off using your phone and google maps. The backtrack is for when your out and about and your phone dies or you lose service. Trust me it happens. I have the stories to prove it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
          A digital compass with savable waypoints. The one I use is called a backtrack. It’s about $30. You save your parking spot with a push of a button. And then take off using your phone and google maps. The backtrack is for when your out and about and your phone dies or you lose service. Trust me it happens. I have the stories to prove it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could you post a link? I can’t seem to find it for $30

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X