No announcement yet.

Back Country Drug War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This pot grow was located a couple miles down the road from our property in Robertson County.

I've heard that deer love pot plants... better high fence your grow fields.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
      The old slippery slope debate. No....meth will never be legal. Where is your data regarding your bet on alcohol versus weed and the hypothesis you lay claim to? Okay, you have a problem drug house in your neighborhood, that hardly makes it a scientific study for any claim. Just friendly debating.

I don't have "hard and fast facts". I'm speaking from a frontline guy who sees it almost everyday I work. I guess it is experience speaking that has helped shaped my point of view. I wish I could say that it was only one problem house in a neighborhood, but I can't. I can take you to several homes that span almost all socio-economic areas that people are living next to, are complaining about, and we're dealing with.

I love a good, friendly debate, just as long it doesn't turn into a bunch of name calling. That doesn't get anybody anywhere.

Bob Lee:

You maybe right. There maybe a population out there that can enjoy a smoke now and then and do it responsibly. I don't see those people in my line of work. I get the ones who screw it up somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by Grulla View Post
        No one grows Tabacco illegally because you can buy it at any store , same would happen if you could buy pot at any store anytime ..

Huge difference between that and pot.

Comment

Originally posted by Gbird View Post
          I don't have "hard and fast facts". I'm speaking from a frontline guy who sees it almost everyday I work. I guess it is experience speaking that has helped shaped my point of view. I wish I could say that it was only one problem house in a neighborhood, but I can't. I can take you to several homes that span almost all socio-economic areas that people are living next to, are complaining about, and we're dealing with.

I love a good, friendly debate, just as long it doesn't turn into a bunch of name calling. That doesn't get anybody anywhere.

Bob Lee:

You maybe right. There maybe a population out there that can enjoy a smoke now and then and do it responsibly. I don't see those people in my line of work. I get the ones who screw it up somehow.

I believe he is right. There are people who can drink and use cocaine all weekend and then go to work Monday AM and perform just fine, then there are people who try cocaine one time and are forever ruined.

The same goes for any addiction -- dirty movies, food, drugs, attention, alcohol, etc. Some are more socially acceptable and legal, some are not.

Comment

Back Country Drug War

Originally posted by Gbird View Post
            Bob Lee:

Of course you don't hear from the responsible people. That's because they're responsible.

I know a dozen people that make over $80,000 a year that smoke weed. Several that are millionaires.

Bob Lee is correct there are millions and millions of responsible marijuana users in this country.

Comment

If they make it legal, I'm investing in a fast food franchise. Especially the 24 hr ones

Comment

Originally posted by Steves ATV View Post
                If they make it legal, I'm investing in a fast food franchise. Especially the 24 hr ones

Delivery Ho-Ho's. [emoji1417]

Comment

From a former LEO perspective, Iv'e had more trouble from drunks than stoners. That being said, when you are on the front lines you are dealing with the worst of society from the start. The criminals are going to break laws, with or without weed, alcohol, etc. It's their lack of respect for their fellow man that's the big issue

Comment

Working...
                  X