Anyone else been delayed recently on a fire arm purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else been delayed recently on a fire arm purchase

Last Thursday went to my local gun store to pick up my new rifle I ordered and for the 1st time ever I wasn’t able to take it home same day, I was told it’s been delayed and could be up to 5 business days before they can release it to me. I’m not a CHL holder and was just curious if anyone else has experienced the same issue? The guy at the counter did say he’s seen more and more delays since the incident in Florida which I could see that being a contributing factor.

Haven't purchased anything in the last 3 months but never have been delayed so thats uncharted waters for me.

Glad I took the steps to get my CHL last month and have that now!

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
      Haven't purchased anything in the last 3 months but never have been delayed so thats uncharted waters for me.

Glad I took the steps to get my CHL last month and have that now!
      Yep the wife and I will be taking that class next month

Comment

I went and picked up a pistol I ordered last Tuesday was in the door, done the FFL paperwork, and out the door in less than 20 minutes. No problem for me anyways.

Comment

I haven't had any issues before or after the event. Purchased a rifle at the Saxet Gun Show in SA before the incident. Showed her my LTC, filled out the paperwork and it was a done deal. Same thing last week at my local FFL on another rifle. The conversation with my FFL took me longer than completing the transaction.

Comment

about 8 years ago I renewed my DL and it had the wrong birthday on it by 2 days, I had a new license issued with the correct bd and have been delayed every time since then

Comment

May be the gun store is the problem

Comment

I have not had one in 20 years........that is when my CHL was done.

Comment

Well they just called and said everything is good I can pick up the rifle at my convince

Comment

It's simply due to call in volume & happens more than u know

Comment

just picked up my new AR,last week and the convenience of having the LTC is well worth it, no waiting all the info is there, although you still fill out some paper work, but no waiting for clearing, that was @ Grab A Gun

Comment

I was surprised how smoothly my pick up went yesterday (with a CHL). I was in and out in about 3 minutes.

Comment

I had it delayed once at a gun show when I put my social Security # on the form.

Now that I have CHL, in and out within 10 minutes.

Comment

Palmetto State Armory has the same 5 day delay posted on their website.

I've got one of these on order.

XD 40

Comment

For those who get delays & not wanting to get your ltc & still want to speed it though nics, ask your ffl about getting a UPIN form / number.

This unique personal identification number issued will eliminate the confusion is similar names the nics system pulls up causing the delay. Trust me when I say the social you provide does nothing to help examiners speed up their seach responsibility.

If the call volume is high & you get flagged to secondary examination, the delay is going to happen because you are last in line. The upin eliminates and/or assists the secondary portion many times.
                              Your ltc is the best bet as it avoids the call most all the time, but ffl s still have that option to still call if they wish.

Comment

Working...
                              X