Early Christmas Present!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early Christmas Present!

My son really surprised me yesterday morning. I wish he wouldn't have because he is in college and works too hard to spend his money on me. He has heard me talking about a savage 6.5 creedmoor for about a year now(big savage fan) and yesterday morning he brought me a savage 10 in 6.5 creedmoor with heavy barrell and threaded. Man I wasn't expecting that at all! Any recommendations for a good hunting round and scope is appreciated. Will be shooting whitetail and hogs out to 200 yrds. It came with 3x9x40 Bushnell banner dusk to dawn with bdc. I'm thinking a vortex because my son gets 50% off of those also. Thanks guys.
    Attached Files

I put a Vortex Diamondback tactical on my 6.5 and really like it. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Comment

I just bought the Savage Axis in 6.5 cm Black Friday. Picked up Winchester 125 grn Deer season and Hornady black 140 grn (That's all BPS had in stock). The Winchester shot fantastic and it's a hunting round. Boy you are gonna love the mild recoil and excellent grouping. I was a skeptic at first...now I'm 100% on board with Creedmoor.

Comment

Great gift, sounds like a great kit too. Now lets talk about that 50% group discount

Comment

Thinking that or the Rem 700 and a Ruger American I cant make up my mind.

Comment

Vortex Crossfire 6-24x50, and hornady precision hunter, it comes in a black box!

Comment

Allsome!

Hes a great kid and doesnt surprise me.

Now you just have to wait 9 months for a can

Comment

Originally posted by fowlwaters View Post
                Thinking that or the Rem 700 and a Ruger American I cant make up my mind.
                This rifle was $540 on sale and has a $100 rebate so final cost will be $440. Not bad for a threaded heavy barrell savage 10.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by dpg481 View Post
                    Great gift, sounds like a great kit too. Now lets talk about that 50% group discount
                    i second this

Comment

Aweosme gift Michael!!!!
                      Sounds like y’all have raised a giving, selfless young man.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                        This rifle was $540 on sale and has a $100 rebate so final cost will be $440. Not bad for a threaded heavy barrell savage 10.
                        Yes just saw that sale I am thinking that is the one

Comment

Sounds like you have a great son. Congrats on the new gun!

Comment

Thats pretty sweet looking after seeing non factory pictures. I might pick one up this week at cabelas afterall.

As for Factory Ammo, I have heard non stop praises for Hornady ELD-X 143 grain. That is the first ammo I will be purchasing when I decide on a 6.5 and I will go from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                              Allsome!

Hes a great kid and doesnt surprise me.

Now you just have to wait 9 months for a can
                              Thank you buddy! He is a great kid. I just wish he wouldnt spend his money on me!

Comment

Working...
                              X