Boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boots

I'm looking for a good set of boots that will keep me warm and dry. I like a higher set boot as opposed to the ankle / low calf. I have a Muley hunt in January. There will be snow in the area. Any suggestions?

Muck Boots. Ive had mine for 3 yrs now. Very durable, dry, warm. During the hot days my feet get hot but really nice in colder weather. Really comfortable. Good luck!

Comment

I've got the Muck Fieldblazers, this is my first season with them, love them so far. They are comfy and warm.

Comment

Look at Kennerek or keep an eye on Camofire, they have some deals sometime on good boots. I like my Cabela’s Canada Hunting Boot made by Meindl. Lots to consider before buying a boot. What you going to use it for, how much walking, how much setting, you going to carry a backpack, rocks, mud, etc. Best money you can spend is on good boots.

Comment

I have had a pair of rubber felt lined boots from sportsman guide for about 8 years, been in Canada, new York, Lake Tahoe, plus cold wet winters in Texas, still going strong all I ever needed was one pair of regular sox. About 50$

Comment

Originally posted by Okiehunter View Post
            Look at Kennerek or keep an eye on Camofire, they have some deals sometime on good boots. I like my Cabela’s Canada Hunting Boot made by Meindl. Lots to consider before buying a boot. What you going to use it for, how much walking, how much setting, you going to carry a backpack, rocks, mud, etc. Best money you can spend is on good boots.
            Well this will be my first Muley hunt and from what I've seen in my unit, I will be putting miles upon miles on the boots each day. It's desert but it's also Sandhills in parts. I will need a good bottom but once again, comfort is key. I was looking at a pair of setters. Anyone have an experience with those?

Comment

Danner Pronghorn Best boot that I have ever owned.

Comment

Under armor just came out with some bad *** boots

Comment

Originally posted by jnini21 View Post
                  You talking about the HAW's?

Comment

Kenetrek Mountain Extreme's available in 400 or 1000 gram insulation models

Comment

I really like my Danner Pronghorn's and Bighorn's. If you're anything like me, when you're hiking, you don't really need a lot of insulations. These will take a couple of days to break in, but I've tried all the others and these seem to fit me the best. They're both great and I let the terrain determine which pair I wear.

Comment

Danner Pronghorns

Comment

Originally posted by drube75 View Post
                          Well this will be my first Muley hunt and from what I've seen in my unit, I will be putting miles upon miles on the boots each day. It's desert but it's also Sandhills in parts. I will need a good bottom but once again, comfort is key. I was looking at a pair of setters. Anyone have an experience with those?
                          Don't over do it on the insulation, you will regret it. Call lathrop and sons

Comment

Originally posted by jnini21 View Post
                            I wouldn't trust a Chinese boot at 6-9k ft.

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
                              I wouldn't trust a Chinese boot at 6-9k ft.
                              ^^^This exactly

Look for boots made in USA or Europe (Germany, Italy)

As attractive as it may seem for breathabity or weight savings, I avoid any canvas or cordura on serious hiking boots. Look for some that are full leather construction.

I used to do a lot of backpacking and hiking, and have been through a bunch of boots over the years.

Some Danner boots are made here, others are made in China. You just gotta pay attention. The difference in construction quality is evident.

Vasque used to be made in Italy and were top quality, now they are made in China.

Meindl is made in Germany, I know a few folks with them, and they all sing their praises.

Lowa boots , Asolo - both made in Europe. I hear good things about Lowa, and I'm considering a pair (Ranger GTX). I had good service out of the last pair of Asolo boots I owned. I had a great pair of La Sportiva boots as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X