New Strings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Strings

I am looking to get new strings put on my bow. I haven't changed them out before and they are going on over 2 1/2 years now. I was wondering what the GS thought about good strings and where would be a good place to have them installed and have my bow put back together the right way. Somebody suggested Zebra strings and said that KC's in Spicewood would be a really good place. What do y'all think? I live in Kyle? Any shops around the Austin/San Marcos area that y'all would recomend that you have actually used before?
    Thanks!

The folks at KC's are really nice and the old man that does all the bow work has been around the block multiple times. I'm sure he'd do a good job, though I've never used him. Also, Archery Country on 183. The owner there is VERY good. I just dropped by to see about getting my bow paper tuned (I was having issues). He grabbed my bow, commented on the crappy job for whoever put the D-loop in (ME) and replaced that on the spot. He then re-aligned my Biscuit, took three of my arrows, paper tuned, adjusted the draw stop, let me shoot it to make sure he had taken care of the problem. Then charged me SIX DOLLARS! This shop is a Mathews/Hoyt dealer. And he only charged me SIX DOLLARS to do all that. On the spot. I was planning on leaving the bow. Been shooting great ever since. The owner at Archery Country wins a thumbs up from me.

Comment

If you go north to georgetown I hear Double G's does good work, never used them myself.

Comment

Im gettin Vapor Trail from Double G. Ive always used winners choice but im goin to give VT a go.

Comment

Second for Mark at KC's. He does really good work.

Comment

I take it that Winners Choice and Vapor Trails are strings? What does string replacement usualy run to have it done? I am a huge DIY'er but with this I will pay someone who knows what they are doing.

Comment

Originally posted by black42 View Post
              Second for Mark at KC's. He does really good work.
              Have you used him before? My buddy used him when his place was in Oak Hill and has been to him once out in Spicewood. He swears by him though.

Comment

Originally posted by str8shooter View Post
                The folks at KC's are really nice and the old man that does all the bow work has been around the block multiple times. I'm sure he'd do a good job, though I've never used him. Also, Archery Country on 183. The owner there is VERY good. I just dropped by to see about getting my bow paper tuned (I was having issues). He grabbed my bow, commented on the crappy job for whoever put the D-loop in (ME) and replaced that on the spot. He then re-aligned my Biscuit, took three of my arrows, paper tuned, adjusted the draw stop, let me shoot it to make sure he had taken care of the problem. Then charged me SIX DOLLARS! This shop is a Mathews/Hoyt dealer. And he only charged me SIX DOLLARS to do all that. On the spot. I was planning on leaving the bow. Been shooting great ever since. The owner at Archery Country wins a thumbs up from me.
                Just curious, do you shoot a Mathews/Mission/Hoyt? I only ask because when I was going to buy my first bow, the bow I shoot now, the guy who was there was kind of down putting at me mentioning any other bow other than Mathews/Mission. He just turned me off a bit but if he knows his stuff and can do a good job then I will still give it a shot since I am not in the market to buy a bow just replace my strings. Also is that something that I will have to leave my bow there or done on the spot?

Comment

Originally posted by FULL DRAW View Post
                  I take it that Winners Choice and Vapor Trails are strings? What does string replacement usualy run to have it done? I am a huge DIY'er but with this I will pay someone who knows what they are doing.
                  My last Winners Choice ran around $110. Strings cables and all.

Call Paul at Double G and ask about the Vapor Trails. He's in Georgetown. Im droppin my bow off friday to get some. Dunno what they cost. Just gettin em.

Comment

I'd always recommend Archery Country in Austin. Class Act, and all the guys their to great work!

Comment

order one from Korbin custom strings. He's a sponser on here and a stand up guy. I have a Matthews and my strings / cables we <$75 shipped. I got them in a week. Korbin is a stand up guy and will answer any questions that you have.

Comment

Originally posted by mojorider View Post
                        I'd always recommend Archery Country in Austin. Class Act, and all the guys their to great work!
                        I know quite a few folks with a different opinion on that.

Comment

I've got korbins premium strings on my invasion. Can't complain. And outstanding customer service.

Comment

Originally posted by FULL DRAW View Post
                            Just curious, do you shoot a Mathews/Mission/Hoyt? I only ask because when I was going to buy my first bow, the bow I shoot now, the guy who was there was kind of down putting at me mentioning any other bow other than Mathews/Mission. He just turned me off a bit but if he knows his stuff and can do a good job then I will still give it a shot since I am not in the market to buy a bow just replace my strings. Also is that something that I will have to leave my bow there or done on the spot?
                            No I don't shoot one of the Big 3. I'm currently in a Martin Saber Mag. I felt a little out of place the first time I went into AC, since my ride didn't put me back a grand plus. But the owner was very cool with me. Even complimented the fact that I went with Martin. That was a s h o c k e r!!

Comment

Oh. Double G is a Sponsor as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X