No announcement yet.

DIY self pull behind disc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The plow digs in perfectly and does not bog down the 4 wheeler while pulling it. The blades are set so that they are not too aggressive and when adding 300 lb max weight it still pulls fine if the ground is dry and hard as a brick. The jack allows me to adjust the depth it digs from 1 inch to 5 inches. The blades are 12 inch diameter and I usually only dig about 4 inches deep with no problems. This little baby is all welded and no angle adjustments to move the pitch of the blades. I have two farm grade sealed bearing on each gang and they are welded to the brackets which hold the gangs. I have pulled over stumps and mulberry bushes with no problems. This thing is almost indestructible as far as using in the woods or on an old logging bed. I prefer the all welded version to the bolted version because if there is a way to break it I can do it and this eliminates this problem. The steel weights I use are the same as you see on railroad crossing gate counter weights. They were given to me by a manager who works with the railroad.

Comment

These are some photos of an ATV disc I built about 10 years ago. The two rows of disc were almost too much for my ATV. Worked well. Set up so the coupler can be turned to two with the wheels down or the dics down. I had a seed spreader on the back that could be removed.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	disk1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	24207441
      Click image for larger version

Name:	disk2.jpg
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	24207442 Click image for larger version

Name:	disk3.jpg