DIY Sandbox for our Daughter...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY Sandbox for our Daughter...

Well about 2 weeks ago my wife and I asked our soon to be 4 year old what she wanted for her 4th Birthday (which is next week)... Ironically at the time we were at the Back Yard Grill and sitting outside. Well she loves going up there because of the outdoor sandbox for the kids, and without missing a beat when asking about her B-Day gift she says "I want a big sandbox like they have here."

We said baby you have a little sandbox already at the house, she said noooooo I want a big one made out of wood like they have here!!!

And so it began....

Well she is away visiting family for the weekend so made a trip to Home Depot and filled the Pickup with lumber and a few other materials and headed home.

Attached are a few pics from today, I will get started in the morning and finish the rest tomorrow, it will end up having a full cover and a few other small items when it is all said and done.

I will update more tomorrow.
    Attached Files

looking good!!!

Comment

Did you ever finish the sand box?

How many bags of sand did it take to fill it?

Comment

I sure did, forgot I havent posted final pics I will try and get them up today. It took 20 bags to fill it up. All in all after sand and building the double storm door look alike for it I was right under $165.00 total.

Comment

Working...
        X