For Those That Want Hogs..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Radar View Post
    I reckon you a much smarter fella than me and that last post of yours proves it. I am so glad you could point that out for me, and so glad that your research team is much more efficient than the state's.

One could see that you dont have any case for an argument now, except to tell me I am stupid.
    I understand. You would rather listen to a research team that has an agenda and spends maybe 3 hours on a property versus people who have lived on the property for 20+ years. To each their own I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
      I understand. You would rather listen to a research team that has an agenda and spends maybe 3 hours on a property versus people who have lived on the property for 20+ years. To each their own I guess.
      You got it all figured out aint you bud. Could you tell me where you got the three hour info and hidden agenda deal from. Or did your park ranger that runs the weedeater tell you that.

Comment

If the spaniards turned them loose 3-400 years ago, or the later settlers 150-200 years ago, why is just over the last 20-30 years they have become this huge problem?

Comment

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
          If the spaniards turned them loose 3-400 years ago, or the later settlers 150-200 years ago, why is just over the last 20-30 years they have become this huge problem?
          That is a good question! They’re expanding in some areas up here, and I have a pretty good idea that it’s because some jack wagons were turning them out!

We don’t have any very close to us, thank goodness. They’re sure hard on habitat and wildlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
            Never seen anyone here wish they had hogs in their yard at home.
            It would make a shorter commute for you and Smart...

Comment

Im pretty sure a lot of people were releasing them on purpose. This opinion wont be popular, but I would be willing to bet the tens of thousands of corn feeders all across the state have helped ( hurt ) too.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                Im pretty sure a lot of people were releasing them on purpose. This opinion wont be popular, but I would be willing to bet the tens of thousands of corn feeders all across the state have helped ( hurt ) too.
                I agree with you.

Comment

LOL Don't inject any logic into this debate. Hogs multiply so fast they will take over the world in 5 years... Even though this was being said every year for the past 25 years.

People just can't fathom that as property track size shrinks and more and more homes are built in hog infested areas that it just appears there are more hogs. I guess I better go to college for 4 years and then study hogs with biologist (not Park Rangers as they don't know anything) for 10 years before I can make wild accusations though

Comment

Just hog hunted in Hempstead over the weekend ... the hog population go so bad that the land owner started putting up hog paneling. It's helped some but we still saw a big sounder of 30 - 40 hogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                      I reckon you a much smarter fella than me and that last post of yours proves it. I am so glad you could point that out for me, and so glad that your research team is much more efficient than the state's.

One could see that you dont have any case for an argument now, except to tell me I am stupid.
                      You mean the same kind of state and federally funded research teams that tell us and have told us for 20 years we are doomed unless we change global warming TOMORROW. Do you drive a Nissan Leaf or a Tesla? Or is it another electric car?

No one ever in a million years said hogs aren't a problem in some places. Just not every place.

Comment

Originally posted by TXHUNT3R View Post
                        Trust me, you don't...

Finished mowing the grass right before the rain on Sunday and snapped a pic as I drank few cold ones. This gives you an idea back by the fence of how nice it looked before Sunday night.

Woke up Monday morning to the carnage.... I can't say I have ever hated an animal more... Ok, Venomous snakes are up there...

I have a full ten acre pine tree stand that looks like your middle pic
                        And it smells like an open sewer pit
                        Feces everywhere

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                          LOL Don't inject any logic into this debate. Hogs multiply so fast they will take over the world in 5 years... Even though this was being said every year for the past 25 years.

People just can't fathom that as property track size shrinks and more and more homes are built in hog infested areas that it just appears there are more hogs. I guess I better go to college for 4 years and then study hogs with biologist (not Park Rangers as they don't know anything) for 10 years before I can make wild accusations though

Comment

Interesting info on the pod cast on this other thread...

Comment

Interesting information from wildlife biologists. This is stuff I like to hear.

Articles, videos, podcasts, recipes and more covering hunting, fishing, wild foods, conservation and everything in between.

Comment

Originally posted by altez View Post
                                Just hog hunted in Hempstead over the weekend ... the hog population go so bad that the land owner started putting up hog paneling. It's helped some but we still saw a big sounder of 30 - 40 hogs.
                                Have nv, Im not far from Hempstead.......

Comment

Working...
                                X