No announcement yet.

Essential Oils

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I smelt like patchouli oil and sweat when I hiked the AT? Also carried Lavender oil which seemed to keep away mosquitos. The patchouli oil attracted hippie chics.

Comment

Comment

Mom uses them all the time, she gave me some for allergies but it didn't work, and some to stop dipping... that didn't work either

Comment

Some of my wife’s friends are in some pyramid scheme and constrantly try to sell them. I know some people that swear by em, lavender smells pretty good.

Comment

[QUOTE=Gummi Bear;13389041]Same at my house. Mrs uses them for all kinds of stuff.

I have learned that cottonballs soaked in peppermint oil will keep mice out of the blind and cabin at the lease. It doesn't seem to upset the wildlife either.

My MIL made up a concoction for me that takes care of headaches. Put a drop on your thumb, and press it against the roof of your mouth for a few seconds. Headache gone in minutes. Works pretty darn good.

Oh - Cedar Oil will keep the skeeters away. You can get it in a spray bottle on Amazon. Works pretty darn good.[/

So what’s in the headache remedy?

Comment

I’ve got a really bad case of neuropathy in one of my feet. My wife is into Young Living essential oils and there is one for nerve pain. It doesn’t stop the nerve pain completely but it dulls it enough that I can get some sleep. When our 3 year old daughter gets sick she say “Mommy, a oils please?”. It is cute, and it helps her too.

I dunno what they put in them, or what is to be used when something ails you, but they seem to actually work.

Comment

[quote=froghunter;13389076]
                Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post
                Same at my house. Mrs uses them for all kinds of stuff.

I have learned that cottonballs soaked in peppermint oil will keep mice out of the blind and cabin at the lease. It doesn't seem to upset the wildlife either.

My MIL made up a concoction for me that takes care of headaches. Put a drop on your thumb, and press it against the roof of your mouth for a few seconds. Headache gone in minutes. Works pretty darn good.

Oh - Cedar Oil will keep the skeeters away. You can get it in a spray bottle on Amazon. Works pretty darn good.[/

So what’s in the headache remedy?

Peppermint
                Marjarum
                Basil
                Helichrysum

There is one already made called “M-graine”. Same stuff, I think.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Essential oils are sold through multi-level marketing crap like Keep Jewelry, 31 bags, and all that other crap. MLM has figured out that women will buy **** near anything and SOME women will convince themselves they should spend even more in a guaranteed to fail attempt to sell more of the same crap they just bought.

Granted, if there were ever MLM where you could sell hunting and fishing gear, I’d probably be neck deep in it.

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
                    What do you want to know?

Wife uses them for everything from bathing to dietary.

I put them in our deer feed. Makes deer healthier with fewer ticks.
                    How do you know? Do you count the ticks on your deer?
                    Originally posted by Chew View Post

There was a conversation about this at work the other day. I told one of the docs I was going to tell pharmacy to take all the meds out of the crash cart and put essential oils in their place... he didn't seem to think they would work.

Comment

Cbd?

Comment

Me and the wife use some, I'm also studying to become the village witch doctor, there's a whole lot of other things inside the ol' bod that's got to be right for the oils to have the best effect.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                          GOOD GRIEF , Tim! Turn in that card NOW!!!
                          This was more of a GOF thread. I think you took it the wrong way.

I was discussing EO's with a guy today. He about lost it on me saying all that MLM BS and blah blah... They remind me of the wagon selling snake oil.

Just wanted to see what TBHers thought about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                            For the win!

Comment

Essential Oils

Who cares? If it feels good, do it. Arnica works. I could go on and on. Tiger balm is an oil based product. Awesome!

-------------------------------
                              Violence never settles anything
                              -Genghis Kahn
                              Last edited by Stoof; 05-22-2018, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                                Olive, peanut, vegetable and sunflower. The end!

Word!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X