Infant Immunization yay or nay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JBT View Post
    chicken pox can be deadly as an adult if you don't contract as a child and is also dangerous for pregnant women and babies - and I posed cancer and autism hypotheses that didn't involve scaring people away from vaccines to answer your previous question
    So why are they issuing the vaccine now to children to prevent anyone from contracting it? I always looked at chicken pox as like a right of passage, everyone gets it.. but now we try to prevent everyone from getting it?

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
      So why are they issuing the vaccine now to children to prevent anyone from contracting it? I always looked at chicken pox as like a right of passage, everyone gets it.. but now we try to prevent everyone from getting it?
      Gotta be able to give the shingles vaccine as well.

Comment

Interesting thread.
        Last edited by Chad C; 05-03-2018, 12:39 PM.

Comment

........... because it is deadly to adults and potentially fatal to pregnant women and babies......... and there is a safe way to wipe it out.......... I'm not sure how else to answer that one

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

that's a cute little graphic - here is another one for you - infant mortality rates since the 1940's
              Attached Files

Comment

LMAO ! Yeah, no reason at all to be worried. If it was triple that by next yr, most on here would still be lining little Johnny up.
                At what point do all you who stand firm for vaccinations, start questioning.
                Will it be the amount of deaths per 1000, the # of overall vaccines increases to a ridiculous point, or do we just always open our mouth and get spoonfed whatever the government says is good?

Comment

If you've read Sears book...

A good book to read: Autism's False Prophets, by Paul Offit...interesting side note, he created the rotavirus-RotaTeq produced by Merck.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                    LMAO ! Yeah, no reason at all to be worried. If it was triple that by next yr, most on here would still be lining little Johnny up.
                    At what point do all you who stand firm for vaccinations, start questioning.
                    Will it be the amount of deaths per 1000, the # of overall vaccines increases to a ridiculous point, or do we just always open our mouth and get spoonfed whatever the government says is good?
                    totally - medical/pharmaceutical advancements are super dumb and definitely part of a big global government conspiracy - can you believe the number of antibiotics they've got in circulation now?!?! it's almost as if doctors and scientists are constantly trying to come up with new ways to improve health and quality of life or something - I don't trust it man

Comment

Originally posted by JBT View Post
                      totally - medical/pharmaceutical advancements are super dumb and definitely part of a big global government conspiracy - can you believe the number of antibiotics they've got in circulation now?!?! it's almost as if doctors and scientists are constantly trying to come up with new ways to improve health and quality of life or something - I don't trust it man
                      Today's vaccines contain far less antigens than in the past, thanks to advances in biomedical science. But, it is not a perfect science and changes will continue. As you said, advancement leads to change.

I personally wish they had kept the individualized doses for Measles, Mumps and Rubella in production... There simply wasn't enough profit for them to do so. I believe the individualized vaccines for MMR went away in the early 2000's.

That's the one most folks get hung up on when you come across a parent who is nervous about outcome/reaction.
                      Last edited by Chad C; 05-03-2018, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chad c View Post
                        today's vaccines contain far less antigens than in the past, thanks to advances in biomedical science. But, it is not a perfect science and changes will continue. As you said, advancement leads to change.

I personally wish they had kept the individualized doses for measles, mumps and rubella in production... There simply wasn't enough profit for them to do so. I believe the individualized vaccines for mmr went away in the early 2000's.
                        sssssssssssss

Comment

Where is TexansFans?? He works with Big Pharma

Like I said previously, I will immunize my son, with what I got...

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                            The anti-vaxx movement's logic can be refuted by a rudimentary understanding of physical chemistry. Vaccinate the kids! The "Dr", who started the whole movement, if memory serves correct, was "disavowed" (correct term?). Andrew Wakefield's initial experiment that led to the whole Autism/Vaccination correlation was full of procedural errors and undisclosed financial interests. It was completely discredited by the scientific community and he was found guilty of fraud.

"I dont need to vaccinate my kids. Measles/Polio are virtually nonexistent."

"... Because of vaccinations!"

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3136032/

https://www.publichealth.org/public-...yths-debunked/

Also, Don't let long, complicated words scare you. All-natural, 100% organic items have them too. Even apples...

I am all for families doing their own research and doing what they think is best for their family. That is the greatest part of being a parent. Deciding for your children what you think is best. We chose not to vaccinate ours based on our research. I work with special needs children in the public school system as does my wife who is an OT (Occupational Therapist). For us the risks far outweighed the possible rewards.

However, just for some info on the measles/polio debate.....Polio was already on a rapid decline when Salk came up with the vaccine solely due to improvements in sanitation and wastewater disposal. The decline had nothing to do with the vaccination as it was not even available until after the rapid decline.
                            As for the measles, why do we have more kids than ever being vaccinated for the measles(MMR) nowadays but yet, those same kids being vaccinated with a live measles virus are contracting the measles? Not only contracting it, but spreading it. Just something to think about. Why does the CDC refuse to do studies on the diseases such as measles, whooping cough, and rotavirus ( which is just a scary term coined to describe diarrhea) in vaccinated kids vs. non-vaccinated kids. The truth would put a hurt on big pharmas pocketbook.

And lets also think about who controls the media outlets that "discredited" Wakefield. Same folks who may or may not have the answers to the LARGE number of holistic/anti-vaxx doctors who are rapidly disappearing in "suicides" , "jogging accidents", and other random fatal incidents across the country that our media does not cover. They are all in each others back pockets.

But as I said, that is the great thing about this debate is that we can choose what is best for our family.

Comment

[QUOTE=Sticks&Strings;13351399]Well said.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk[/QUOT

The worst part about the HepB is that it is recommended that newborns get it within 12 hrs of birth. 12 HOURS! I bet most parents don't even know that when they take their newborn home from the hospital they have already had the Hep B vaccine!

Comment

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
                                Autism is a developmental disorder that is present at birth and has been proven through multiple studies not to be linked to vaccines. The doctor in the UK that published a study stating it was linked has since lost his license to practice medicine for falsifying research in his study.
                                I have to firmly disagree. I work with special needs students every day. Some of whom suffer from vaccine injuries. I have seen kids who were in regular education classes and progressing just like the rest of their classmates and then within 12-24 hrs of receiving scheduled vaccines, were banging their heads on walls and were non-verbal.

Comment

Working...
                                X