No announcement yet.

fishing - thumb protector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had raw thumbs and bleeding fingers from catching hybrids and stripers but never from crappie or whites. I would love to come fishing with you and get swore fingers catching crappie.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
      Randy Howell ( bass pro fisherman ) wears some kind of neoprene things on his fingers. I saw it on Major Leage Fishing. I'm guessing that's what there for. I personally wouldn't know about this problem, I lipped a Mako shark once and didn't have a problem.
      Well I’ve never lipped a mako before but some people on here my claim
      To have seen me rip a live blacktip shark out of the water bear handed!

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
        Maybe I'm just a weenie, or maybe I catch too many fish ... but my thumb gets wore smooth out after a day/night of catching fish and holding their lips to remove hooks, like to the point of pure rawness and it's dry and cracking, kinda painful. Mainly happens when I'm crappie fishing and catching lots of sandies mixed in. Hard to wear gloves and put minnows on hooks. What works to keep your thumbs from getting tore up?
        A callus.

Comment

Throw your bobber in water with no minnow on the hook and take a nap. Easy on the fingers.

Comment

When I use to deckhand on tuna boats in Cali, we used a product called flexx-rap. Worked great! I liked it for when I was throwing jigs and stuff all day saved the thumbs from being tore to heck! But also helped when constantly messing with fish! Hope this helps!

Comment

I hold anything under 5lbs over the back squeezing the gill plates.

They are easier to unhook without a thumb in their mouth and in the way.

When I get into a school of big fish I’m proud to have a raw and bloody thumb!
              Last edited by LukeDuke; 03-06-2018, 11:02 PM.

Comment

I have the perfect solution. Fish like I do. I cant catch a **** thing so no pain whatsoever.

Comment

Great for lipping fish, and bearing down on braided lines to prevent burns and cuts.

Our Thumb Dingers were designed by the fishermen who use them. They are now used in the Pacific Ocean from San Diego to Alaska, in the Atlantic from Florida north, and off the Australian coast. Protect Your Thumb From Fishing Line Cuts, Designed By Fishermen.

Comment

While y'all make fun of me.... I'm still wearing the thumb out.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Blank View Post
                      Great for lipping fish, and bearing down on braided lines to prevent burns and cuts.

http://www.thumbdinger.com/
                      I like the heck out of that!!!

Comment

Where are you fishing? Bob Sandlin?

Comment

Originally posted by krisw View Post
                          Where are you fishing? Bob Sandlin?
                          These crappie are from a place I'm not putting on a public forum, lol.

I fished Sandlin last week and caught a pile of sandies under the 21 bridge.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Duck, I see your problem! You need to catch bigger fish! If you catch biggun's you only have to lip a fish or two to get a pile of fish instead of all those little bite sized ones you catch!

And ain't no way I'd wear that thumbdinger! looks like some kind of sex toy!!

Comment

Have you tried to soak em in-cider? Won't heal em, but makes the pain go away...

Comment

Just grab them behind the head. Do crappie even have teeth? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X