throw down soup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

throw down soup

I guess it was a vegetable soup we had for dinner at work tonight. I had brought a pack of whitetail backstrap to work. I had planned on havin some fried backstrap, cream gravy and what ever veggies we had in the locker.

Well, things went to #&!! real quick after we got here. I finally got a chance to run in the kitchen and start dinner before my regen started. I cubed up the backstrap (its a sin, I know. Father, please forgive me!!) threw the stew meat in a pot with two cans of rotel, and about 2 quarts of water and I dont even know what kind of seasonings or how much. Stew meat boiled for about 3 hours. The control room operator checked on it and added water as needed. When I got another break, I opened a can of green beans, kidney beans (drained the kidney beans) a can of corn, carrots, mushrooms, canned potatoes, peas and a cup of rice. Let er go for another hour. Control room guy threw a pan of cornbread in the oven! Man, I dont know if I was just hungry or it was that good, but I was really impressed. The meat just fell apart. Seasoning was perfect. I aint never usin a measurin spoon again!!

man

yall eat and fling arrows all day and get paid for it. think they could use another employee . I guess they call you Chef Lt. Dan now....

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy360 View Post
      yall eat and fling arrows all day and get paid for it. think they could use another employee . I guess they call you Chef Lt. Dan now....
      The archery range and being able to cook at nite are the only things that make it worth comin out here!

Comment

Working...
      X