No announcement yet.

2016 garden thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attaboy Strummer, Congrats! I had my prized seed finally sprout April 4, after 39 weeks of germination
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	24440878

Comment

good looking!

Comment

Here's mine, after 6.5 inches of rain this week.

[ATTACH]787440[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]787441[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]787442[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]787443[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]787444[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]787445[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]787446[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]787447[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]787448[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]787449[/ATTACH]

Comment

That's one heck of a grow operation you got there bud, Wow!

Comment

Does anyone know whats going on with my tomatoes...
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by yanta61 View Post
              Maybe tomato blight? That's usually in the leaves too though.. turns them brown...not sure but doesn't look good

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal14 View Post
                Waterlogged effects root system...

It's getting time to support mine a couple are leaning on ground from the rain beat down...rain guage says 2.5" now I can imagine what some of yalls went through

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk
                I'm thinking this is the case. I've gotten 2 more big rains the past 2 days. My garden is waterlogged big time. I noticed yesterday some of my squash were sagging as well. I might have to start digging up my potatoes now or they are going to rot in that waterlogged soil. Plentiful sunshine today thankfully so I will see how everything looks later this evening.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Bowhuntinonly, I was waiting for your pics. Now I know you don't eat all of that. Do you sell or just give away to family and friends? Also, do you use the same garden area year after year?

Comment

My little one

I also have a potato box, fruit trees and some blackberry bushes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

My very modest garden, compared to some of yall, is coming along ok.
                      nothing is really fruiting very much yet and my cucumber and zucchini just put out first flowers.
                      One of my toms isn't flowering and the others barely...I'm assuming it's all this rain.
                      I always feel it's a race before the heat comes...I think I need to start things earlier inside

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
                        My little one

I also have a potato box, fruit trees and some blackberry bushes.

It might be small but looks darn nice and healthy! Very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                          It might be small but looks darn nice and healthy! Very nice.
                          Thanks. It does pretty well for a guy who has no clue what I'm doing.

Comment

And I need to plant the rest of my squares. I left some out so I could stagger stuff this year

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
                              Thanks. It does pretty well for a guy who has no clue what I'm doing.

lol...well keep on doing what you're doing.

I just got through looking over my garden. I think it will be ok. Most of my veggies have perked back up but my half of my potato plants are getting a bit discolored and leaves are curling up bad which was caused by all the rain. I still can't walk in my garden yet.

Comment

Originally posted by yanta61 View Post
                                Timber rot? http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/v...roblem-solver/

Comment

Working...
                                X