2016 garden thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
    Ours is still looking good. Not sure on the total rain count as of yet but we are blessed just the same!

I wish someone would take our overflow 'maters (blue 5 gal bucket)!

Life is too short, live it to its fullest!

~Michael
    If you were closer and I didnt already have 14 tomato plants and if I actually ate tomatoes, I might take you up on that offer [emoji33]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by fishingsetx View Post
      If you were closer and I didnt already have 14 tomato plants and if I actually ate tomatoes, I might take you up on that offer [emoji33]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Hahahahahaha [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
        Here is my garden after 7 inches of rain. Hopefully all that work I did Saturday will save them.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
        Nice...How may tomato plants did you plant? I thought i had a lot at 20... Bad part is building 20 tomato cages..

Comment

Originally posted by yanta61 View Post
          Nice...How may tomato plants did you plant? I thought i had a lot at 20... Bad part is building 20 tomato cages..
          36 tomato plants this year and 2 sweet 100's. I've planted up to 48 a few times but I couldn't give them away fast enough. We make a lot of fresh salsa.

Comment

I am so thankful for the Back to Eden gardening method! Our normal way would have washed away by now! Instead it is flourishing.

Life is too short, live it to its fullest!

~Michael

Comment

I went and checked on the garden yesterday evening (can't step in it yet or I will sink) and I see 2 of my tomato plants starting to wilt! This is fresh ground and I have never had a garden in this spot so I don't think it is tomato wilt. The reason I moved garden areas this year is because I was having tomato wilt the past 2 years in my old garden area. These 2 plants are doing the exact same thing as if they have tomato wilt. They were growing nice n healthy then went out the next day and they are wilting. I will go check the garden out at lunch to see if anymore plants are starting to do this. Big head scratcher...

Comment

Waterlogged effects root system...

It's getting time to support mine a couple are leaning on ground from the rain beat down...rain guage says 2.5" now I can imagine what some of yalls went through

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Comment

Thankful for the raised beds for sure...liking the rain water!

Comment

Originally posted by Codypatt1 View Post
                    Thankful for the raised beds for sure...liking the rain water!

I like your setup but I think you'll need a machete to walk through those rows here in a month haha

Comment

Hopefully I will be close to pulling them up by then.
                      Those are my potatoes, only thing I don't do in the raised beds

Comment

Originally posted by Codypatt1 View Post
                        Hopefully I will be close to pulling them up by then.
                        Those are my potatoes, only thing I don't do in the raised beds
                        Oh gotcha. ..I thought they looked a little off for tomatoes.
                        I saw where they made a tomato potato hybrid...pretty interesting. .
                        We've seen a number of innovations that allow for gardening in small spaces, including a ferris wheel-like contraption, a mat that shows you where to plant specially-prepared seeds, and a system that lets you grow vertically-stacked veggies in your window. The TomTato, however, is in a league of…

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow, some beautiful gardens on here! Been a while since I’ve been on TBH but so glad I got on to find this thread, you guys don’t disappoint! Boys had been asking to plant a garden for some time now so finally got around to building some boxes and getting the project going. A little late for STX but nonetheless it’s a go!
                          First box we planted 2 types of cucumbers, bush beans and zucchini from seed. Also transplanted a couple jalapeno peppers.
                          Planted seed March 22.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	box1a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	24440822

Box as of this morning. Already did some thinning but will prob have to cull a few more.

Name:	box1b.jpg
Size:	129.0 KB
ID:	24440823

After building the first box we got the bug and quickly began looking for space to do another. Really wish we had more space to work with but am very pleased with what we started with. This box has yellow/red onions and Yellow/Orange/Red Bells.
                          Got this box going April 3 and here’s what it looked like this morning.

Name:	box2.jpg
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	24440824

Didn’t want to take up box space with the tomatoes so got them set up in large pots. 2 Cherry and 2 Roma with some basil. We also planted an assortment of peppers and herbs in pots. Gonna move the peppers to buckets!

Name:	tom.jpg
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	24440825

Had an available sprinkler head not being used so I tapped into to it for irrigation. All the rain coming down these last few days and no rain for Laredo

Name:	irrigation.jpg
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	24440826

My boys (5 and 6) have had an absolute blast and I can’t describe how rewarding it is to see kids want to learn so much about gardening. It’s our first attempt at growing veggies so will be sticking around this thread to keep learning and see the progress on you ‘alls gardens

Comment

Originally posted by DBHIII View Post
                            Wow, some beautiful gardens on here! Been a while since I’ve been on TBH but so glad I got on to find this thread, you guys don’t disappoint! Boys had been asking to plant a garden for some time now so finally got around to building some boxes and getting the project going. A little late for STX but nonetheless it’s a go!

First box we planted 2 types of cucumbers, bush beans and zucchini from seed. Also transplanted a couple jalapeno peppers.

Planted seed March 22.

[ATTACH]787346[/ATTACH]

Box as of this morning. Already did some thinning but will prob have to cull a few more.

[ATTACH]787347[/ATTACH]

After building the first box we got the bug and quickly began looking for space to do another. Really wish we had more space to work with but am very pleased with what we started with. This box has yellow/red onions and Yellow/Orange/Red Bells.

Got this box going April 3 and here’s what it looked like this morning.

[ATTACH]787348[/ATTACH]

Didn’t want to take up box space with the tomatoes so got them set up in large pots. 2 Cherry and 2 Roma with some basil. We also planted an assortment of peppers and herbs in pots. Gonna move the peppers to buckets!

[ATTACH]787349[/ATTACH]

Had an available sprinkler head not being used so I tapped into to it for irrigation. All the rain coming down these last few days and no rain for Laredo

[ATTACH]787350[/ATTACH]

My boys (5 and 6) have had an absolute blast and I can’t describe how rewarding it is to see kids want to learn so much about gardening. It’s our first attempt at growing veggies so will be sticking around this thread to keep learning and see the progress on you ‘alls gardens

Dang, you're off to an awesome start!

Comment

Second harvest of the year . And this one has been growing for 9 months and got picked today

Picked the garden while letting the dogs out and feeding all the animals while we was covered up in visitors at the hospital ,

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post

Second harvest of the year . And this one has been growing for 9 months and got picked today

Picked the garden while letting the dogs out and feeding all the animals while we was covered up in visitors at the hospital ,

The best harvest of them all!

Comment

Working...
                                X