Johnny Football Starts in CFL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
    Bunch of arm chairs on here. He is a million times better than any of us. And I am not even a fan of his. Hope he gets some time to mature and develop. Could have a decent carrier in Canada.
    Agree

Comment

Throwing picks and making tackles, does this mean that Mack Brown was right about him being a safety?

BTW - I don't hate Johnny. I hope he gets his life in order and wish him well. Just couldn't pass up that joke.
      Last edited by BigL; 08-03-2018, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
        Throwing picks and making tackles, does this mean that Mack Brown was right about him being a safety?
        Maybe, but I know atleast 3 consecutive things MACK was wrong about:
        1. Robert Griffin 2011
        2. Jonny Manziel 2012
        3. Jamous Winston 2013

All Heisman QB’s that were begging to be QB at UT...
        Last edited by aggieman08; 08-03-2018, 09:22 PM. Reason: Sp

Comment

JM was 11 for 20, 104 yds, 4 INT.

Team also is bad; he had 4 days to get ready.

Tim Hasselback thinks he will do better. "We saw flashes of the Johnny Football stuff."

Comment

"Johnny Manziel has 4 INTs in his first CFL start… …It’s only halftime. https://t.co/FgtxPnfWAv" via Bleacher Report on Twitter

Only one way from here.... up

Comment

I don't know squat about Canadian football. But I do know if they work around him, he should be the best qb in the league...it's Canada!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post

BTW - I don't hate Johnny. I hope he gets his life in order and wish him well. Just couldn't pass up that joke.
                I had forgotten that about Mack Brown.

Originally posted by aggieman08 View Post
                1. Robert Griffin 2011
                2. Jonny Manziel 2012
                3. Jamous Winston 2013

Not only did Coach Brown not recruit Jameis, I don’t think TEXAS even took his or his Coach’s calls. Looking back I think that was the right call.
                Last edited by 18ncs; 08-03-2018, 10:39 PM.

Comment

1. Robert Griffin 2011
                  2. Jonny Manziel 2012
                  3. Jamous Winston 2013

You do realize you can't teake them all and many other schools passed on those same kids. Name a coach that was taking one of those guys over Garret Gilbert back then? None. He was the number one recruit out of high school. Just didn't pan out. Texas took 3 Top ten QBs in those three years. Did they take the wrong three? Sure. Hindsight is 20/20. To act like Mack didn't recruit well is comical. Did he miss on some sure but didn't on many more.

All that said glad two of those don't represent UT.

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
                    You do realize you can't teake them all and many other schools passed on those same kids. Name a coach that was taking one of those guys over Garret Gilbert back then? None. He was the number one recruit out of high school. Just didn't pan out. Texas took 3 Top ten QBs in those three years. Did they take the wrong three? Sure. Hindsight is 20/20. To act like Mack didn't recruit well is comical. Did he miss on some sure but didn't on many more.

Well he missed 3 Heisman winners in a row beating on his door...to imply he recruited well in the later part of his career is comical and ultimately cost him his job. Just cause Colt McCoy was good doesn’t mean his younger sibling will be. Of course hindsight is 20/20 and at the very least, I’m sure MACK wishes he would have recruited Griffin.

Comment

1. Robert Griffin 2011
                      2. Jonny Manziel 2012
                      3. Jamous Winston 2013

Hello Andrew Luck he passed over for Squints

Comment

YAWN

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post

I feel the same about two of them. It ain’t all about winning for me. Or Heismans.

Comment

And dennn?

Comment

This dude will be in his 50s, playing in some city rec flag football league, and there will still be some die hards riding his jock praying for his come back. Let the dream go already - the guy is done...

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
                                Bunch of arm chairs on here. He is a million times better than any of us. And I am not even a fan of his. Hope he gets some time to mature and develop. Could have a decent carrier in Canada.
                                So people can’t have an opinion of him because we aren’t as good as him.... I see your logic there

Comment

Working...
                                X