Official Lake Whintney and Aquilla 2016-2017 hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ender View Post
    Is there any parks That I could get a shower after work between cleburne and laguna park?
    It's a long way to come all the way home, shower, then get all the way to the lake in time to hunt. If I had a state parks pass I'd use the state park but I can't do $5 every time lol
    McCown Vally should have showers. Buy an annual day use pass at the gate. Or go to any gate house or the office to get one. Allows you to get in for free daily. And to use the boat launch as much as you want. Also works on any of the Corps lake parks that charge a fee for entrance. Dose not work at State or privately run parks, just Corps parks. And dose not allow camping. But dose allow you to fish or do any other day activities. I have stayed on the water over night fishing. And it's good for that also because I was not taking up a camping space. I can't remember what I payed for mine this year. But they went up slightly. Think it was $40. this year. Well worth it for me as much as I use my boat. Beats paying $5 every time, every place .

Edit: also, check East and West Loffers Bend parks. They are Corps too. Not sure if either is open. But one of those has showers too. They are on the east side of dam.
    Last edited by Texas Grown; 10-06-2016, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Put corn out . I'm ready for in the morning.

Comment

I will be out there Saturday evening! Hope to get to meet some of you guys!

Comment

Originally posted by justindfw View Post
          Put corn out . I'm ready for in the morning.
          I hope you don't get rained out.

Comment

Well it's dang wet out here.cooled down alot. Hopefully rain will break. If it does they should move.

Comment

Sitting at the boat ramp past couple of hours waiting on the rain. Almost had a two-fer on 56 in front of plowman at 0530, two nice bucks walking across the highway.

Comment

Well it's dang wet out here.cooled down alot. Hopefully rain will break. If it does they should move.
                rain should be gone about 9-10 u will
                be good

Comment

I shot my biggest buck to date in a light rain like this. It gets them frisky.

Comment

Little light rain motivation.

Comment

No dice for me this morning. Gonna be cool mornings all weekend so I will hunt more

Comment

If I was able to hunt, I think 3-6pm would be the peak feeding time.

Just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                          McCown Vally should have showers. Buy an annual day use pass at the gate. Or go to any gate house or the office to get one. Allows you to get in for free daily. And to use the boat launch as much as you want. Also works on any of the Corps lake parks that charge a fee for entrance. Dose not work at State or privately run parks, just Corps parks. And dose not allow camping. But dose allow you to fish or do any other day activities. I have stayed on the water over night fishing. And it's good for that also because I was not taking up a camping space. I can't remember what I payed for mine this year. But they went up slightly. Think it was $40. this year. Well worth it for me as much as I use my boat. Beats paying $5 every time, every place .

Edit: also, check East and West Loffers Bend parks. They are Corps too. Not sure if either is open. But one of those has showers too. They are on the east side of dam.
                          West is opened and has showers.... Just camped there last week

Comment

Anyone hunting at lake Aquilla this evening?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm at Whitney

Comment

Nothin movin here yet, but it's a nice evening to b n the woods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X