Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would a spot Hogg be a good sight for hunting and 3ds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would a spot Hogg be a good sight for hunting and 3ds?

And if so, which one? I don't see needing the micro windage knob.

They are great sights. Should work for both.

Comment

When you do have to adjust it is nice. Without it sight will slide loose making fine adjustments tricky if you are not careful. You have to pay attention where you start and have some sort of reference mark just in case it moves to much or wrong way. Once you get everything set and do not change your set up very often it may not be needed. Just a convenience factor.

Comment

Originally posted by T-REX View Post
        When you do have to adjust it is nice. Without it sight will slide loose making fine adjustments tricky if you are not careful. You have to pay attention where you start and have some sort of reference mark just in case it moves to much or wrong way. Once you get everything set and do not change your set up very often it may not be needed. Just a convenience factor.
        I love the micro adjust, without it the sight always jumps out of my hand and get me way off on target then gotta start all over. I like how you can tune itso slowly for the perfect shot. Its not a must though and it usually is on sights more than the 100 dollars in your budget. true glo or copper john would be a good bet in your budget. copper john I lean to more for the better housing.

Comment

I bought a Hogg-It for my old bow, then bought a used Maxxis with a Hogg-It Hunter. I put the Hunter on my wife's bow and use the Hogg-It on mine. I shoot a few 3D tourneys each year and use mine for both. If I was going to buy today, I'd buy the Hunter model. I think the Right On is a very popular hunting model, as well.
          My Flickr Photos

Comment

I have the hogg it on my target bow and love everything about it EXPECT the single pin adjustment I find it hard to make fine adjustments with there two allen screw adjustment set up that they use

Comment

I have the spot hogg hunter .010 7-Pin, but sounds like the Spot Hogg real deal is what you are looking for. I had the 7-pin spot hogg real deal on my Drenalin for several years and loved it. The micro-adjustments are a must. I just decided to complicate things when I got my Heli'm a couple weeks ago-lol.

Comment

Thanks for the info, I ended up going with the Real Deal .010

Comment

Spot Hogg is the only way to go.

Comment

I agree with everyone. It is the only sight I have found with the micro adjustments. Makes it real easy to sight in just right

Comment

Originally posted by Mijamen78 View Post
                      I agree with everyone. It is the only sight I have found with the micro adjustments. Makes it real easy to sight in just right
                      My good friend uses Spott Hogg, but I use an Axcel Armortech HD 7 pin sight. And it has true tool less micro adjustment knobs marked with increments. As he and talked over the last year I think in terms of quality and functionality Spott Hogg and Axcel are equal, not to mention probably the top two. But ultimately it's what's comfortable for you, what your willing to spend, ease of use, and how well you shoot with a particular set up.

Comment

Working...
                      X