Found my feeder blind combo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cwill View Post
    I just don't see it working. Would be almost impossible to beat their nose on a consistent basis with corn being slung 360 degrees around you.
    That would be my concern as well. I just don't see you beating their nose. Not saying you won't shoot anything, but I don't think you'll get a mature buck from that setup. You may get some young deer, but I foresee a lot of old does stomping and blowing at you & only seeing mature bucks on camera (if there are any around).

But with that being said, I'll be following along to see how the build turns out. Good luck!
    Last edited by Stick'n'String; 03-08-2018, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
      Yes somewhere. I have made 3. All different. The one pictured earlier is covered with a tarp off eBay. Made out of cordura fabric. It finally got bad after 3 years in the field.
      I skinned one with thin metal and it's my least favorite. Hard to work with, but holds up well. It has windows all the way around.
      My favorite one is skinned with 4 x 8 sheets of coroplast. Light easy to work with and has last 2 years with little wear showing. I'm going to do the one on top of the tank with coroplast. Gonna ask all the politicians if I can pick up their signs after election day and use those.
      I have the guy customize the rings to 6 ft tall and the windows and door how I want them laid out. They are 8 foot round.

I 've done the roofs differently. The best is 4 pieces of rebar bent and stuck in holes that are drilled. Covered with old billboard vinyls I bought used. The one pictured. I used joists hangers and 2x4s with a plywood roof. It got blown off even screwed down.

Best thing is they weigh nothing and can be rolled around where you want them.

This is the one out of coroplast.
      Just curious, what do the metal rings cost you to have made?

Comment

Originally posted by ballgame View Post
        Just curious, what do the metal rings cost you to have made?
        They are $135 with 4 rings with 8 customized 6 ft uprights. I have him space the rings out to my specs too for window height and width. I am thinking about adding another set of uprights to this next build to have 4 windows. You can see in the picture I have him make one of the windows wide enough to crawl through to be a door. It will cost $10 more.
        Last edited by Abcdj; 03-08-2018, 11:19 AM.

Comment

I'd be sittin up there bout to doze off and the thrower goes off and I would jump outta my shorts, hit the ground head first and break my fool neck. On the other hand it would sure be easy to have a manual feed button so you could scare the bejesus outta all them lil democrats coming in for the free stuff.

My last thought is how you gonna fill that thing?

Comment

They are $135 with 4 rings with 8 customized 6 ft uprights. I have him space the rings out to my specs too for window height and width. I am thinking about adding another set of uprights to this next build to have 4 windows. You can see in the picture I have him make one of the windows wide enough to crawl through to be a door. It will cost $10 more.
            That's a good deal.

Comment

Do it! Said with a Filter

Comment

If you are not paying attention when the feeder goes off it could scare the **** out of you!!!

I like the idea

Comment

Post some progress pictures. I like the idea myself

Comment

The one I made out of metal was a pain. I got what they call coil wraps from a metal place. They use them to cover the big rolls of flat metal they press and cut for peoples orders.They cover the rolls during shipping . They were 4×6 or so. And cost 3 bucks each.
                    Trust me use coroplast!!! Much better to work with, lighter, flexable. I have had 2 of them out for 2 years with coroplast and no issues. Really easy to screw on and cut windows. Right now ask the losers in political races if you can pick them up for them!

The shell of above ground pools works good too. Can find them free on craigslist sometimes

Comment

Have you thought about dropping a 24" pipe down the middle? That way it would hold 1000lbs of corn vs 4000lbs.

Comment

I have something you need for this project. I have 3 of those Blue Mcdonalds Play set houses, and the slides you could use for a escape chute.
                        Attached Files

Comment

First step complete!

Well, I got this thing loaded up and moved to where most the work will be done. It was one heavy mother! It's going to be a long slow process! Gonna try and get it done and out in the field by August 1st.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Oh heck....I’ll play. IN

Comment

Originally posted by R Dubya View Post
                              Have you thought about dropping a 24" pipe down the middle? That way it would hold 1000lbs of corn vs 4000lbs.
                              Ha hold less corn, lol more is better!

Comment

Good luck - can’t wait to see the finished product

Comment

Working...
                                X