Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Brother and I Bought our South Texas Ranch on Friday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Brother and I Bought our South Texas Ranch on Friday!

Finally!!! This is something we have discussed and dreamed about and completely built up in our minds over the past 40 plus years, it hardly seems like it is real. I remember when we shared a room when I was 7 years old and at night we would talk about our ranch, what it would be like and how we would be the best hunters on it! Fast forward 42 years and it has finally come to pass! My older brother and I own our company together and have a great relationship both as brothers and partners. He has strengths that I don't have and vice versa. The bottom line is the ranch is just right for us, our families, for our company, it's employees and clients. We have always had an eye out for something and this one happened kind of unexpectedly. It checked most, if not all the boxes we had in our minds. And really is a blank canvas for us to put our mark on it. The ranch is 2,642 acres outside of Cotulla, right in the smack dab middle of great brush country. It is high fenced, 8 ponds of varying size, a good, deep water well, a mature and managed deer herd, fantastic quail, dove, hogs, turkey and varmints. It has a modest and very clean ranch house on it for our future ranch manager and we will do some minor upgrades to it immediately. We will build a barn with quarters in it, and have started design plans for our respective houses to be built in the near future. We flew the ranch in January and I was excited about what we saw both in wildlife and in getting to see the ranch from that perspective. I have done many a deer surveys over the years, but there is nothing like doing it for your own place. There is list of work to be done and it is a bit overwhelming but I am so darn excited and really love that kind of work! My wife and kids share my same sentiment and are ready to get out there and enjoy what God has given us.
    Attached Files

That is beautiful.

I can't wait to follow the progress of the ranch.

Comment

Dream come true right there! Congratulations!

Comment

Congrats! Looks like a beautiful place

Comment

Congrats brother!

Comment

congrats ..looks like a beautiful place

Comment

Congrats! Owning your own dirt is a feeling like no other.

Comment

Congrats!!

Comment

Looks like a wonderful place! Congratulations on fulfilling your dream!

Comment

Congrats. Looks like a beautiful place and so awesome to see folks realize a dream. Can't wait to hear about the progress.

Comment

Congratulation on your dream place!

Comment

Congratulations

Comment

Wow. Sounds incredible. Hard work to get it and hard work to work it. Sounds like you are the right guys for the job.. Cant wait to see it pay off..

Comment

congrats. looks like a deer hunter's paradise!

Comment

Dreams coming true! Congrats

Comment

Working...
                              X