Jamaican Jerk Wild turkey breast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jamaican Jerk Wild turkey breast

Try this for a little Caribbean twist on the grill.

This makes enough marinade for one boneless half of a wild turkey breast.

1 TBS Kosher Salt
    1 TBS Garlic Salt
    1 TBS Thyme
    2 TBS Whole All Spice

2 Fresh Cubanelle Peppers or 6 Annaheim Peppers (remove stems and seeds)
    1 Habanero Pepper (remove stem and seeds)

1/4 cup Peanut Oil

Thoroughly liquefy all ingredients in a blender.

Dry the turkey breast thoroughly with paper towels. (Helps it soak in the marinade and seasoning stick while cooking)

Put the turkey breast and marinade in a large ziploc bag. Shake it up to make sure the meat gets coated.

Refrigerate in marinade at least two hours before cooking. (Overnight is better!)

Grill the breast until done. The seasoning should stick and blacken while grilling.

Enjoy!

Sounds very good!

Comment

I hope you try it. It's my new personal favorite for grilling a turkey breast.

Comment

will have to give it a try!

Comment

This marinade also works well on chicken and pork tenderloins.

Comment

Sounds great. How long do you end up grilling the breast? What is the best temperature for grilling the turkey? I want to make sure I don't overcook it. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Depends on how big a breast, how hot the grill and if it is bone in or not.

Your best bet is to get a meat thermometer and cook turkey breast until the internal temperature is 170F. That takes almost all of the guess work out of it. It's much better if you cook it at a lower grill temp slowly. It will cook much more evenly then. (ie. don't burn the outside of it to cook the inside... yuck) I cook over charcoal so sometimes the heat is hard to control. I try not to let it get scorching hot and it usually takes less than an hour for a boneless breast. Done is done though and I trust the thermometer.

No need to get a super expensive meat thermometer. One of those pen sized dial ones works great. Stick it in the breast watch it for about a minute and take it out until you want to check it again. They go for $10-$15. Worth it!

Comment

Sounds great!

Comment

Originally posted by ItsLeo View Post
                  Depends on how big a breast, how hot the grill and if it is bone in or not.

Your best bet is to get a meat thermometer and cook turkey breast until the internal temperature is 170F. That takes almost all of the guess work out of it. It's much better if you cook it at a lower grill temp slowly. It will cook much more evenly then. (ie. don't burn the outside of it to cook the inside... yuck) I cook over charcoal so sometimes the heat is hard to control. I try not to let it get scorching hot and it usually takes less than an hour for a boneless breast. Done is done though and I trust the thermometer.

No need to get a super expensive meat thermometer. One of those pen sized dial ones works great. Stick it in the breast watch it for about a minute and take it out until you want to check it again. They go for $10-$15. Worth it!
                  Thanks for the information.

Comment

sounds good

Comment

Sounds Good!

Comment

Working...
                      X