Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Polar Express - Galveston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polar Express - Galveston

Anyone gonna ride the Polar Express in Galveston?

Taking our family down Friday for the day and a ride on a train.

Never been on the Polar Express in Galveston ...... but take our grand kids on the one in Grapevine. Great time!

Comment

we did the one in Durango and that was super awesome! would love to hear how this one is.

Comment

Just looked at the website. Tickets are apparently sold out. Won't be available again til July 2020.

Comment

I looked into it but dang the tickets were expensive for what it was. Didnt think my son would be able to appreciate it that much so gonna wait till another time.

Comment

Apparently you gotta jump early on those tickets! We've done the Polar Express in Branson, MO numerous times. Looking forward to doing it again once we get back stateside! It's always a good time.

Comment

We will be there next weekend with kids in tow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We bought our tickets 8/26 and they were on 2 rows. They did sellout quick. And yes they were expensive but about the same as the others PE's.

We go tomorrow evening, 6 adults and 3 kiddos.

Comment

Had a great time watching our grandkids enjoy the ride and the cast of actors. A few glitches but glad we went. The look on their faces made it great.
                  We got to Galveston early so we could go eat first. Parked in the parking garage at 25th and Harborside across from the train station for $10. Caught the trolley bus down to the seawall and ate at Fishtails. (The trolley runs a 30 minute schedule, and a little slower)
                  We got back to the station at 6:15 for our 6:45 train, not knowing they were having train problems. The 5 o’clock show had been cancelled and they were trying to get it repaired in time for the 6:45. Repairs were made and our ride began at 7:15.
                  The ride goes out a short distance and stops, then back to the station on a different track, then back out again, and then returns on the original track. It’s more about the experience on the inside than what’s happening outside.
                  All in all it was a great time with family.

Comment

Sounds like great Family times and making memories.

Comment

I do feel sorry for the folks on the 5pm that got refunded, heard some of them came from Louisiana for the ride.

Comment

So Tim what do they during the train ride? I will admit that I have not researched it.

Comment

Originally posted by brianlg31 View Post
                          So Tim what do they during the train ride? I will admit that I have not researched it.
                          They have actors dressed as characters from the movie that act out scenes from the movie as the train moves along. The conductor punches tickets, the king of the train, the little girl that lost her ticket, the waiters that serve hot cocoa and dance, and Santa Clause. They do a lot of interaction with the kids.

Comment

Working...
                          X