do people still use NADA or KBB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do people still use NADA or KBB?

Do people still use these automotive pricing guides? I see trucks mainly, on here and other places that are priced wayyyyy above suggested retail. Do people really pay way above NADA and KBB for used vehicles?

following...I have a 04 dodge 5.9 I may be selling and have often wondered about theses sites for it's value.

Comment

Nope we prefer the price police to step in and set em straight

Comment

Nada is what is used by most banks/credit unions/other lending institutions to determine value. KBB isn’t used much in this area, atleast not commercially or professionally.

When trading in a vehicle you want to try to get at or more than NADA “clean trade-in”. When buying don’t ever pay more than clean-trade in, unless it’s just something you really want.
        Last edited by Trevor73402; 09-07-2019, 10:25 AM.

Comment

I used KBB to sell the wife's 4runner a few weeks ago. Used their instant cash offer and took it to the nearest participating dealer and got a check.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
            Do people still use these automotive pricing guides? I see trucks mainly, on here and other places that are priced wayyyyy above suggested retail. Do people really pay way above NADA and KBB for used vehicles?

I agree with you. Over the past few years the pricing that I see is wild. I have no clue where it comes from.....but it applies to things other than trucks. I love the ones that say Hey I have to sell this...motivated seller....It retails for $399 so I will take $389........

-john

Comment

People are nuts on 5.9s and 7.3s. I’d take a look at the Facebook and Craigslist ads and price it accordingly.

There was a 2007 3/4 ton 4 door 2wd with 69k here in Snyder. It was $14k and sold within two weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
                I agree with you. Over the past few years the pricing that I see is wild. I have no clue where it comes from.....but it applies to things other than trucks. I love the ones that say Hey I have to sell this...motivated seller....It retails for $399 so I will take $389........

-john
                LOL I just saw this on a new window unit AC. Only they wanted $10 more than new!

I think people have lost their minds. All these pro car/truck buyers getting the wool pulled over their eyes thinking they got this great deal because they're awesome negotiators. So when time to sell they're forced to ask super high.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
                  People are nuts on 5.9s and 7.3s. I’d take a look at the Facebook and Craigslist ads and price it accordingly.

There was a 2007 3/4 ton 4 door 2wd with 69k here in Snyder. It was $14k and sold within two weeks.
                  That’s a good price

Comment

Originally posted by Bumpy View Post
                    That’s a good price
                    Craigslist would definitely agree. I personally can’t fathom spending 14k on a 12 year old truck.

Comment

Agree. I bought my 2008 Dodge dually 3500 quad cab 4x4 new for $31,500 drive out. I see similar trucks that are 10 years old with 175K miles people want $25-30K for. Blows my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                        Agree. I bought my 2008 Dodge dually 3500 quad cab 4x4 new for $31,500 drive out. I see similar trucks that are 10 years old with 175K miles people want $25-30K for. Blows my mind.
                        I always wonder if people actually pay that or if the seller is just seeing what he can get?

Comment

I think it just depends. I look at it when I sell but don’t always go right along with that value.

Comment

I always use KBB as a baseline to sell or buy vehicles ... if its too far off in price, I move along to the next one.

Comment

I imagine new prices for heavy duty trucks drive the used market. An XLT F250 didn’t sticker $50k+ back when the 5.9s and 7.3s were new. Most folks can’t afford that.

Comment

Working...
                              X