Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Success and hope for the future in Harper.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Success and hope for the future in Harper.

I was able to have a little success in Harper last week. I guess we had some history with this buck. We first noticed him on camera 3 or 4 years ago. We looked the picture over and said man that is a nice young 10 point. He sure will look nice next year. The next year we would get a picture and say man what a nice young 10 point. He sure will look nice next year.......Well last year we finally realized that it was the same 10 point each year and he was never going to really be nice. He had already maxed out. While he looked pretty score wise he was on the low end of our bucks and would not even make 120. Thanks to a small body he looks better than he really is. We decided to try and take him last year but during season, like past seasons, we never got any daylight pictures of him and he was never seen. Last week he messed up and walked out in front of me. It was interesting in that he was there for 30 minutes or so before I got a shot. Acted like it was a normal routine for him to be at a feeder during day light hours. I checked my camera and I had a total of one other picture of him and it was a month ago. Guess I was just in the right place at the right time.

The decision on the buck above was easy. He was an old mature buck. The deer below was the one that hurt a little. We hunt a low fence place. While we do have luck with letting bucks walk you just never know. The buck below would blow the buck above away score wise and he is only 3 1/2. He was out in front of me forever. It hurt to watch him walk away. Judging from the camera it will happen to me a lot. He seems to be living at my feeder. If he makes it through the season I hope he and I have a date for next year.

I lived in Harper for a long time. If you can get an area to let them get a little age, some pretty good deer can be grown around there. Congrats on the buck!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats John nice buck

Comment

Congrats on a great deer and harvest!

Comment

Very nice buck!

Comment

That ten is nice. The second one will be real nice next year or the next. Congratulations on your 10 pt.!

Comment

Nice buck! Congrats!

Sent from my LM-X410.FG using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats again John.

We’re just glad the young 10 made it. Here he was a few months ago...

Comment

Congrats on a really nice deer. Hope the other buck can make it til next year.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the congrats and thank you Harlan for posting the picture from a few weeks ago. We have no clue why the young 10 was so skinny. If he was still skinny we were going to go ahead and shoot him but when he showed up he looked so much better that we let him go. Hopefully it was a one time set back.

-john

Comment

Congrats on a nice buck!

Comment

Nice buck!
                            Congrats

Comment

Congratulations

Comment

Working...
                              X