No announcement yet.

First Lion Encounter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

never saw one but heard one several time in Colorado hunting. I backed next to a tree and pointed my gun in that direction. That is one of the only times hunting where I was on the verge of going #1 and #2 in my pants in a matter of seconds.

Comment

What are the chances of being attacked? Gives me the willys. Since I’m 100 % bow and always solo !

Comment

Originally posted by laredoarcher View Post
        What are the chances of being attacked? Gives me the willys. Since I’m 100 % bow and always solo !
        Slim to zero.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
          Slim to zero.
          And slim done left town.

Comment

Slim to zero.
            but it can still happen.

Surviving cyclist in satisfactory condition in hospital as official says bikers tried to scare the mountain lion and then hit it

Comment

I hope y'all get another chance. I would love to get one.

Comment

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post
                For sure, but it's basically like winning the lottery you never wanted.

Comment

Slim to zero.
                  Thx Clay !

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
                    That’s awesome you seen one. Similar experience happened to a buddy of mine. He knew one was in the area, he stared off with typical sets of prey distress and the lion came in. Much like yours it bolted off, so he switched it up to female lion in heat and it ended up coming back like a rocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    josh madrid

Comment

Originally posted by JONES45LC View Post
                      josh madrid

Yup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s already happened to me so the chances of getting attacked again are slim enough not to have to worry.

Comment

When I lived in Rapid City SD, lions were everywhere. If you lived in the foothills of the Black Hills, and you took your little accessory dog for a walk in the evening, chances were that little foo foo dogs was supper. It got so ridiculous that the Game and Fish dept finally opened a season. Its a hair raising experience when your hunting something alone that can kill you in a second. I followed some pretty big cat tracks in snow through some really thick woods that scared the hell out of me, if it decided it was hungry, I would have been a goner for sure. Another time my buddy and I found a fresh cat kill half buried in the snow 50 yds from where we were camping. In a canvas wall tent non the less, easy access for a hungry lion. Another time during turkey season we had a cat jump out of a tree right next to camp, scared the mud out of us. Cats are no joke brothers. OP, I sure hope you get him!! Plus I've heard they make mighty fine table fare, tastes kinda like pork I hear.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hills of Texas View Post
                            It’s already happened to me so the chances of getting attacked again are slim enough not to have to worry.
                            I remember you telling that story or re-posting it not too long ago. Incredible and terrifying.

Comment

I was kinda like a car wreck. Happened so fast, it was over before you knew what was happening.

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                X