Alcoholism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alcoholism

I need some help from you all. My mother is suffering from alcoholism and her health has taken a turn for the worse. My siblings and I are going to have an intervention with her this weekend and it's either going to be our terms or she's getting cut off from the grandkids. We are looking into treatment options/psychologists/counseling, all the above. All I'm asking is for prayers. Prayers that she will listen with an open heart. Prayers that she will let Jesus come in and take over. Prayers that we can have clarity and get our information across. Just keep my family in your prayers if possible. If anyone has some words of advice as to what worked for yall and what didn't I'll gladly accept them.

Thanks yall.

Prayers up brother. Had an uncle who struggled with it and it didn't end well for him. It was hard on the family watching him decline and later commit suicide by drinking him self to death. Keep doing what you can to help and hope she makes a decision to take care of herself.

Comment

Prayers up.

Comment

Prayers for you, mom and family. God is amazing and loves to show off in situations like this.

Comment

Been through this with my daughter, 14 years sober now.
          Prayers for you and your family.

Comment

Prayers sent for you and the rest of your Family for a successful intervention.

Comment

She is going to have to want to. No amount of intervention will help if she is not willing to help herself and want to quit. Fortunately you can show her what is at stake and how much she stands to lose, besides just her life, and hopefully sway her to wanting to quit. She needs to see what she stands to lose as well as what she stands to gain like health, money, family, friends, work, quality of life, etc. Let her know how deeply she is loved and it is this love that is making you all want to help her. Above all else be in constant prayer for her. Y'all will be in my prayers.

Comment

Prayers up!

Comment

Prayers up!

Comment

Prayers up for you brother. Lord guide this family with your helping hand and rid the alcoholism from his mother. In Jesus name we pray, AMEN.

Comment

Prayers sent. Difficult situation for sure. Been thru it, on the alcoholic end. I hope she chooses help. At one point I could not imagine my life not drinking. I thank God daily I woke up.

Comment

Prayers sent, me and my brother have been fighting this battle with my dad my whole life with no luck.

Comment

prayers for you

Comment

You need to help her not threaten her. Taking her grandkids away??? Wouldn’t that make her drink more. Tough love and alcohol are not the answer. Love your mother and get her the help she needs. Don’t punish her. Just my thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Neck View Post
                              She is going to have to want to. No amount of intervention will help if she is not willing to help herself and want to quit. Fortunately you can show her what is at stake and how much she stands to lose, besides just her life, and hopefully sway her to wanting to quit. She needs to see what she stands to lose as well as what she stands to gain like health, money, family, friends, work, quality of life, etc. Let her know how deeply she is loved and it is this love that is making you all want to help her. Above all else be in constant prayer for her. Y'all will be in my prayers.
                              She has tried to quit a half dozen times but to no avail. But you are spot on with all of this. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                              X