What scope around $200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What scope around $200

OK I am finishing a ar15 varmint build.. Its a 20 heavy bull barrel... I am looking for a scope around $200-250.. Let me know what yall think

Nikon, burris

Comment

i just bought a nikon prostaff 3-9x40 bdc and am REALLY impressed. i paid a little more and bought it from a local shop (i like supporting my local gun shop) and paid 189$. they sell online for around 159. when you buy it it comes with a web address where it will bdc compensate for any caliber and bullet brand weight... pretty cool.

Comment

To be honest if you compare the Nikon prostaff to the low end Leupold the Nikon is clearer. I vote Nikon.

Comment

Redfield...All AMERICAN made...great glass for the money

Comment

There's a nice Burris in the classifieds.

Comment

Redfield revenge scopes carry the lifetime warranty I just put a 3x9x42 on a truck gun $129 it also has a$25 mail in rebate I like it better than my nikon prosraff

Comment

Cabelas has their Alaskan Guide 1" series on sale for $100 off right now. Very good quality for the money IMO.

Comment

i was actually drawn between a redfield that was the same price and the nikon. i let my fiance look through them both (she knows nothing about scopes, etc) and she said it was hands down the nikon. I had the same impression. now, i did look at a 400$ redfield and it was AWESOME... but the nikon really has impressed the heck out of me.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter_Man View Post
                    i was actually drawn between a redfield that was the same price and the nikon. i let my fiance look through them both (she knows nothing about scopes, etc) and she said it was hands down the nikon. I had the same impression. now, i did look at a 400$ redfield and it was AWESOME... but the nikon really has impressed the heck out of me.
                    Not bashing Redfield (aka budget Leupold) but I had the same experience.

Comment

Vortex vortex vortex. Great scopes and great warranty

Comment

Vortex would be my first pick and burris would be second on that kind of budget.

Comment

Get the Nikon ProStaff 4-12x40 for under 2 bills... dang good little scope.

Comment

Nikon P223 with BDC. It has rings set up for the 55gr bullet out to 600yards. I picked one up at a outdoor show with a free Nikon scope mount /ring combo for $149. I have 2 of the newer Redfields. A 3x9x50 Revolution on my 7mm Mag and a 2-7x32 on my Marlin 30/30 I love them both. But for the AR...I like the P223.

Comment

For the price rang you are looking for these are good choices. Prices are from Optics Planet and you can even get them for a lower price if you call them and ask for a better deal.

Nikon P223 3-9X40=$149
                              Vortex Diamondback 4-12x40= $189
                              Burris MSR-223 3-9X40= $199
                              Weaver Kaspa 3-12X44SF ILL Ballistic-X Tactical = $202 (I have this one on my AR and I been real happy with it.
                              Bushnell AR Optics 4.5-18x40= $204

Comment

Working...
                              X