Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 12-13-2017, 03:01 PM   #1
MacDaddy67
Ten Point

Default Jerry World question ( ATT Stadium )

Going to the cotton bowl this year. Never have been to the stadium.
I hate sitting down for that long and sitting in those small chairs and hard on my back.
I know the screen is huge and you can see it from anywhere, but is it a stadium you can walk around and watch from the concourse at different locations or do you a seat to truly watch the game.
MacDaddy67 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-13-2017, 03:08 PM   #2
El Viejo
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever I can

I've been there many times, but only for high school playoff games (Highland Park is in the State Semifinals this Friday at 9:00). I would opt for the seats simply because what we have found ourselves sitting in were most comfortable, even for rather large buttocks like mine. We are usually right on the field at ~ the 40-45 yd line and it can be tough getting a good view of plays in the red zone. Then you have to look up and that can be kind of straining, although you really get a good view of the play from the screens. If I were you, I would have no problem getting a seat, unless you don't want to spend the extra $$.
El Viejo is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-13-2017, 03:16 PM   #3
SabreKiller
Ten Point

Hunt In: Terrell and Val Verde County

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Viejo View Post
I've been there many times, but only for high school playoff games (Highland Park is in the State Semifinals this Friday at 9:00). I would opt for the seats simply because what we have found ourselves sitting in were most comfortable, even for rather large buttocks like mine. We are usually right on the field at ~ the 40-45 yd line and it can be tough getting a good view of plays in the red zone. Then you have to look up and that can be kind of straining, although you really get a good view of the play from the screens. If I were you, I would have no problem getting a seat, unless you don't want to spend the extra $$.

Are you from Highland Park?
SabreKiller is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-13-2017, 03:17 PM   #4
MacDaddy67
Ten Point

Quote:
Well unless I can find reasonable tickets I was thinking of getting 400 level prices and just walking around the lower level concourse, usually near a beer station...
MacDaddy67 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-13-2017, 03:23 PM   #5
El Viejo
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreKiller View Post
Are you from Highland Park?
No, our son coaches there & we've been going to their games ever since the wife and I moved up here from the RGV a year and a half ago. Football in the fall & winter. Baseball in the spring.
Old 12-13-2017, 03:25 PM   #6
El Viejo
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
Well unless I can find reasonable tickets I was thinking of getting 400 level prices and just walking around the lower level concourse, usually near a beer station...
That works too. You really won't miss a thing watching those screens, and there are plenty of beer stations. I've just never seen them opened for high school games.
Old 12-13-2017, 04:45 PM   #7
SabreKiller
Ten Point

Hunt In: Terrell and Val Verde County

Quote:
No, our son coaches there & we've been going to their games ever since the wife and I moved up here from the RGV a year and a half ago. Football in the fall & winter. Baseball in the spring.
Cool beans! I graduated there in 1977. Go Scotties!
SabreKiller is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top