Remington is in deep financial trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jerp View Post
    I wonder if they will start selling inventory cheap to get some cash flow.http://www.postbulletin.com/business...03809c388.html
    I'd like to know if and when they do.

I recently saw a new commercial they'd put out going on about how they were doing all this reinvesting in to the quality of their products. I thought that was very sad because they finally seemed to realize they'd been surpassed by numerous, and often less expensive, manufacturers. We all already knew that but evidently they did not. I just hope it's not too little too late for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
      The original fake news.
      Nope. It’s quite true.

Their handling of Marlin was another tragedy

Comment

I'd hate to see them go. Hopefully they can get creative and figure a way out of this.

Looking at their wiki page they do have some assets, like Merlin, they could sell. And I've always had confidence in their ammo.

Comment

The federal government bailed out GM and Chrysler. Surely they will bail out Remington.....

Comment

Hope they can restructure.

Comment

Two of my buddies and I bought rem 700 7mm ultra mags about 10 years ago and called Remington because we had the worst time trying to find shells cheaper than $2.00 each. Remington was not help and didn't even know if they made them anymore and o told them that was crap if the made the gun they need to continue to sell the shells

Comment

Weren’t they having financial troubles even during the Obama gun craze?

Comment

I have noticed that the prices are dropping on some of the AR rifles. I don’t know if Stag Rifles are any good, but some of their prices on new guns have dropped 300 and 400 dollars. I think several company’s have built guns way past their sales this year.

Comment

And......undoubtedly, they'll get their bean counters to cut some more corners.

Large corporations thrive in spite of themselves, somehow.

They "acquire" businesses they have no idea what made them successful, then come in a change things, in the name of cost savings/profits, loose business, cut more corners, and run a product completely into the ground. Then Chine notices a crack and starts making cheaper versions, .......on and on ad nauseum.

Comment

Sounds like bankruptcy might be a good thing for the brand... Not so much for the investors. Maybe they can restructure their debt and get back to working on their quality. I'm one of the lucky owners of an 870..aka ole Rusty.

Comment

Going to be a lot of gun company consolidation in the coming year or two. Way overbuilt especially AR companies.

Comment

They messed Marlin up so bad it is shameful. Total mismanagement and extreamly poor quality control. Guns by the hundreads actually left the factory that would not load and the machining on the barrels was so bad they could not be sighted in. No excuse with today's technology for that to have happened.

Comment

They got away from their good products and started making junk. I see 710s and a bunch of poo poo. I like standard 700.

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
                              And......undoubtedly, they'll get their bean counters to cut some more corners.

Large corporations thrive in spite of themselves, somehow.

They "acquire" businesses they have no idea what made them successful, then come in a change things, in the name of cost savings/profits, loose business, cut more corners, and run a product completely into the ground. Then Chine notices a crack and starts making cheaper versions, .......on and on ad nauseum.

A lot of truth to this!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X