No announcement yet.

NFL Boycott is working.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too late. Not watching and surely not missing it. College football for me.

Comment

NFL is completely hypocritical. You can't write anything on your shoes or make any social statement during a game or you get fined, but want to make a social statement by kneeling during the anthem and "that's your right". Who comes up with this crap? It has freed up my Sundays to do other things, which is nice. NFL sucks. I'm with Skinny, College ball is way better.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
        well.. they cant stand up...

too soon?

Finally taking a knee in protest and a ripped peck for breast cancer awareness?

Comment

They are ID10Ts. They claim freedom of expression by protesting the same country's national anthem that gives them their freedom to do so. I guess they are protesting their own freedom? Ironic or stupid?

Comment

I'm enjoying watching the NFL go under. Lets give some credit where its due..... Trump took on the whole NFL and kicked their ever loving @ss!!!!

Comment

I was disappointed the first week when three Packers sat.

Then after thinking about it, I remembered, I don't actually care what any of these guys political positions is. Rodgers has been a diva since day 1. So long as they hit their hole at full speed, with a linebacker coming at them full speed, with a massive collision ensuing, I am good to go.

People forget, most of these kids playing NFL football never evolved beyond about 15-16 years old mentally, a lot never had a father figure, and few have ever been taught how to express their emotions in a constructive way that would elicit positive change. I actually feel bad for most of the players, because they never got the love as a child that I did.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                I'm enjoying watching the NFL go under. Lets give some credit where its due..... Trump took on the whole NFL and kicked their ever loving @ss!!!!
                He couldn't beat them when he was a xfl team owner so now he is taking revenge as President on the league who didn't want him. Very juvenile and this country has a bigger issue. Can we work on healthcare , tax reform and other issue that effect me as an American? Who cares about entertainment ? That's the problem we focus on the wrong things in life.

Comment

Funny I notice Leon hasn't been boycotting any games......

Comment

nov12th is veterans day weekend, boycott the babies, and tell them to shut the hell up and play football!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bumpy View Post
                      He couldn't beat them when he was a xfl team owner so now he is taking revenge as President on the league who didn't want him. Very juvenile and this country has a bigger issue. Can we work on healthcare , tax reform and other issue that effect me as an American? Who cares about entertainment ? That's the problem we focus on the wrong things in life.
                      I'm sure you've seen the news, he has clearly attempted to tackle all those issues you mentioned. Its not his fault he's not getting the cooperation he needs. Its not like he's forgone those issues to address his thoughts on the NFL. What we tend to focus on is heavily influenced by the media. They love them some NFL controversy right now.

Comment

They ruined the enjoyment of watching a football game without listening to all the other bull going on. Making them stand now won't change the way I view the whole game. College football is 10 times better anyway, and I can watch it Thursday through Saturday. I doubt I ever watch NFL like I did before

Comment

My post in the other Jerry Jones foot down thread fits better here:

I am not nor ever have been an NFL fan... First football game I ever went to and sat in the stands instead of being on the field was my son's first middle school game... Football gave me a college education and the Lord put men of great character in my life through football, but today they have ruined the game at the professional level and it has filtered down into the college and high school level... The game is so watered down now, it cannot be played right. Hell, my oldest grandson (6) is playing FLAG football!! I gave up watching NFL games before Adams took the Oilers to Tenn.... And when Tom Landry was fired so humiliatingly, all class and respect left the game...

I am however a FAN OF OUR FLAG AND ANTHEM! I served that flag, and still honor it today. Many have tried to take her down to no avail. If Old Glory is to fall, it will fall from within... This NFL and knealing crap is just another sign that our country is deteriorating rapidly and it makes me sad and angry. Wouldn't bother me in the least if the NFL closed the doors and went out of business, but if we lose that Flag and all it stands for, we ALL lose...

Comment

Originally posted by Bumpy View Post
                            Still upset, huh?

Comment

good!

That is the only reason he said that. Otherwise he is like NBA commish and stands with these thugs

Keep boycotting

Comment

We admit, Momma and I watch the Cowboys & Texans ONLY...then TCU & TTU. Not sure, but we don't remember the last Cowboy game with Green Bay even showing the National Anthem?

Wonder what will come out of the 2 Cowboy players who raised their fist? To us this always symbolized the Black Panthers? Now this morning on the news the NFL is reversing it's support to kneel......wonder if that's $$ motivated....well, of course!!

Comment

Working...
                                X