Liquid Recoil Reducers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liquid Recoil Reducers

I inherited a Beretta OU from my finances family who are from Louisiana. Took it bird hunting this last weekend and when I went to shoulder it, I could hear water inside of the gun. I didnt really know what was going on, and figured the gun had gotten water in the stock from a flood. Ended up taking it to a gun shop, and they said there is a mercury recoil suppressor in the butt stock. I get the concept, just wondering what the general conses is on them. I had never really heard of them before.

Diagram below.
    Attached Files

I've used them, in stock and on the forearm. I like them fine. No scientific data, but weight reduces recoil (insert mathematical formula here) so they do some good.

Comment

It acts as a counter weight. Scientifically speaking, there is not loss in force, but it typically lengthens the amount of time the force is applied by counter acting the backwards force (it is a reverse inertia), which makes the "pop" feel more like a "push". This is all still in a very short amount of time (fractions of a second), but they do make the recoil more manageable. And they do add weight which help absorb the recoil

Comment

Mercury tubes are awesome. I have one that goes in the magazine tube (replaces the plug) of my autoloader...really helps with recoil/barrel jump which allows quicker follow up shots when i miss........which happens more than i like to admit

Comment

been around a long time now,, most used by skeet and trap shooters ,,, they certainly do help

Comment

Thank you for the comments. The original owner, was a big skeet shooter, not a huge hunter. I am more the opposite and was looking at it from that angle. Dont really plan to take it out, just want to make sure I know how it is used, and how to use it effectively.

Is there any maintenance or anything with them?

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
              Thank you for the comments. The original owner, was a big skeet shooter, not a huge hunter. I am more the opposite and was looking at it from that angle. Dont really plan to take it out, just want to make sure I know how it is used, and how to use it effectively.

Is there any maintenance or anything with them?
              pretty much none,,,, its a sealed tube

Comment

Working...
              X