Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2018, 04:01 PM   #451
Antlers86
Associate Sponsor
 
Antlers86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Athens
Hunt In: Jack/Coleman/Henderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgood11 View Post
New to posting...I think I saw something about 30 post?!?!
PM sent
Antlers86 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-17-2018, 04:18 PM   #452
AgHntr10
Pope & Young
 
AgHntr10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Shepherd
Hunt In: Where the thieves and poachers roam
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hix View Post
this post is useless with out pics!
Go post ďtttĒ on every other thread you see till your counts up.
Everyone will understand.


Sent from my iphone using tapatalk pro

Name:  when-you-see-someone-coming-into-your-job-to-apply-or-interview-dont-do-1t-9ZPbY (2).jpg
Views: 512
Size:  67.4 KB
AgHntr10 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-17-2018, 04:20 PM   #453
Low Fence
Pope & Young
 
Low Fence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Quitman, Tx.
Default

Saw 3 doe feeding on post oak acorns @1:30pm and a fork horn feeding on pin oak @ 2:00 while doing a herd check. Lots of daytime movement last 2 days. All youngsters & doe
Low Fence is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-17-2018, 04:20 PM   #454
gigem95
Ten Point
 
gigem95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: College Station, TX
Hunt In: Grimes,Montgomery,Waller County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hix View Post
This post is useless with out pics!
Go post ďTttĒ on every other thread you see till your counts up.
Everyone will understand.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro


Especially SaltwaterSlick.
gigem95 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-17-2018, 04:23 PM   #455
ETXHorseApple
Four Point
 
ETXHorseApple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Lindale
Hunt In: Anderson Co
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Fence View Post
Saw 3 doe feeding on post oak acorns @1:30pm and a fork horn feeding on pin oak @ 2:00 while doing a herd check. Lots of daytime movement last 2 days. All youngsters & doe


What county is this?
ETXHorseApple is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-17-2018, 04:27 PM   #456
EastTexas88
Four Point
 
EastTexas88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Beaumont, Tx
Hunt In: Sam Rayburn (East Texas)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etxbuckman View Post
I've informed my wife that I am leaving for the lease Friday and staying through Tuesday so she's on her own. I've been screwed out of a several days of hunting so far this season so she knew better than to give me any grief. LOL Right now I am just chomping at the bit.
Haha I'm the same way! I had to watch my girlfriends little girl Saturday and get pictures taken Sunday. So I told her come Thursday afternoon (tomorrow) I'm gone till Sunday evening depending if I get the coolers filled or not! Im ready ta gooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalonErickson7 View Post
East Montgomery County.
Good luck this weekend!

Ah, you do the same! I'll make an update friday around noon if I dont have good service to update during the hunt..


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EastTexas88 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-17-2018, 04:30 PM   #457
TalonErickson7
Ten Point
 
TalonErickson7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Huffman, Tx
Hunt In: Harris and Montgomery County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexas88 View Post
Haha I'm the same way! I had to watch my girlfriends little girl Saturday and get pictures taken Sunday. So I told her come Thursday afternoon (tomorrow) I'm gone till Sunday evening depending if I get the coolers filled or not! Im ready ta gooo


Ya Iím going to smoke me a big mature doe if the opportunity comes.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TalonErickson7 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-17-2018, 04:32 PM   #458
Low Fence
Pope & Young
 
Low Fence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Quitman, Tx.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETXHorseApple View Post
What county is this?
Wood
Low Fence is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-17-2018, 04:36 PM   #459
ETXHorseApple
Four Point
 
ETXHorseApple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Lindale
Hunt In: Anderson Co
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Fence View Post
Wood
Thank you!

I am in NE Anderson and getting the same thing. lots of movement from dow and young bucks but haven't seen the big boys just yet.
ETXHorseApple is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-17-2018, 04:40 PM   #460
cgood11
Nubbin' Buck
 
cgood11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Default

[quote=cgood11;13707783]Late post just joined.Took my little buddy with me for the first time opening day and got our target buck. This lease is MLD3 so we were able to sit in the gun stand. Slow morning but that afternoon it happened. He was getting restless until we had a few does show up. About 45 minutes before dark I told him we needed to be real quite because the big boys were about to start moving. Not 5 minutes later here he came!


Hopefully it works now...






Last edited by cgood11; 10-17-2018 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Pics not working
cgood11 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-17-2018, 04:41 PM   #461
EastTexas88
Four Point
 
EastTexas88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Beaumont, Tx
Hunt In: Sam Rayburn (East Texas)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalonErickson7 View Post
Ya Iím going to smoke me a big mature doe if the opportunity comes.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Thats my goal as well. Won't be upset if I knock down my buck for the year either. But I'm good with either just for the meat purpose.
EastTexas88 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-17-2018, 05:02 PM   #462
Hix
Ten Point
 
Hix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: North Longview
Hunt In: East Texas- Gregg Co., Cass & Marion Co.
Default

[quote=cgood11;13708136]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgood11 View Post
Late post just joined.Took my little buddy with me for the first time opening day and got our target buck. This lease is MLD3 so we were able to sit in the gun stand. Slow morning but that afternoon it happened. He was getting restless until we had a few does show up. About 45 minutes before dark I told him we needed to be real quite because the big boys were about to start moving. Not 5 minutes later here he came!





Hopefully it works now...













Fail


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Hix is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-17-2018, 05:13 PM   #463
Etxbuckman
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Spring
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexas88 View Post
Haha I'm the same way! I had to watch my girlfriends little girl Saturday and get pictures taken Sunday. So I told her come Thursday afternoon (tomorrow) I'm gone till Sunday evening depending if I get the coolers filled or not! Im ready ta gooo
I was supposed to have lunch with my daughter at school on Friday but just found out my mother-in-law may be coming Friday to take her so I might go ahead and leave tomorrow night. LOL
Etxbuckman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-17-2018, 05:17 PM   #464
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young
 
SaltwaterSlick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigem95 View Post
Especially SaltwaterSlick.
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-17-2018, 05:20 PM   #465
cgood11
Nubbin' Buck
 
cgood11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlers86 View Post
PM sent
Tried to send PM but still have some post to go before I can reply....pictures are on my profile and should be public for those that are interested.
cgood11 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-17-2018, 05:44 PM   #466
Pineywoodkiller
Ten Point
 
Pineywoodkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Porter, Texas
Hunt In: McCulloch, Gregg, Upshur, Rusk, and Liberty county
Default

In the tree in Montgomery county.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pineywoodkiller is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-17-2018, 05:46 PM   #467
Antlers86
Associate Sponsor
 
Antlers86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Athens
Hunt In: Jack/Coleman/Henderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgood11 View Post
Tried to send PM but still have some post to go before I can reply....pictures are on my profile and should be public for those that are interested.
I gave you my number to text.
Antlers86 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-17-2018, 05:47 PM   #468
SETXJR
Nubbin' Buck
 
SETXJR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineywoodkiller View Post
In the tree in Montgomery county.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jealous, good luck.
SETXJR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-17-2018, 05:48 PM   #469
dataxman
Ten Point
 
dataxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Athens
Hunt In: Wheeler, Collingsworth, Coryell, Bosque, and Henderson counties. I'm willing to travel.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgHntr10 View Post


Haha! Nothing like more TTT on this thread.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dataxman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-17-2018, 05:52 PM   #470
dataxman
Ten Point
 
dataxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Athens
Hunt In: Wheeler, Collingsworth, Coryell, Bosque, and Henderson counties. I'm willing to travel.
Default

I am in the blind. Been here a few hours. Busted one walking in. But hadnít seen a squirrel yet. Iíve mosquito.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dataxman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-17-2018, 05:58 PM   #471
gigem95
Ten Point
 
gigem95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: College Station, TX
Hunt In: Grimes,Montgomery,Waller County
Default

The deer are out and about right now near Navasota.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gigem95 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-17-2018, 08:50 PM   #472
Antlers86
Associate Sponsor
 
Antlers86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Athens
Hunt In: Jack/Coleman/Henderson
Default

Here is Cgood11s buck

Congrats
Attached Images
  
Antlers86 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-17-2018, 10:01 PM   #473
DaveC
Pope & Young
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crosby,Tx
Hunt In: Menard & Montgomery County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlers86 View Post
Here is Cgood11s buck



Congrats


Love the chocolate horns, congrats to Cgood11!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-17-2018, 10:47 PM   #474
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young
 
SaltwaterSlick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Default

Wow. Nice buck “11”!
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2018, 07:31 AM   #475
Hix
Ten Point
 
Hix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: North Longview
Hunt In: East Texas- Gregg Co., Cass & Marion Co.
Default

Nice buck, cool brows


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Hix is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2018, 08:21 AM   #476
cgood11
Nubbin' Buck
 
cgood11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Default

I appreciate it! I had the benefit of watching him grow the last three years and live at my protein feeder the last 2...super cool brow tines scored him at 145 1/2 and taxi aged at 5.5 by jawbone. Went back and forth all summer about wether to give him another year. All things considered pretty special to get him and experience it my little guy! Looking forward to seeing more LDPs through out the season. Hix I hope 13+ shows back up for you!
cgood11 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2018, 11:01 AM   #477
EastTexas88
Four Point
 
EastTexas88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Beaumont, Tx
Hunt In: Sam Rayburn (East Texas)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etxbuckman View Post
I was supposed to have lunch with my daughter at school on Friday but just found out my mother-in-law may be coming Friday to take her so I might go ahead and leave tomorrow night. LOL


LOL thatís good stuff! Hopefully in about four more hours once I finish up some chores Iím outa here and headed north! Iím red ta go


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EastTexas88 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2018, 02:00 PM   #478
Etxbuckman
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Spring
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexas88 View Post
LOL thatís good stuff! Hopefully in about four more hours once I finish up some chores Iím outa here and headed north! Iím red ta go


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well my daughter came down with a fever so leaving tonight got squashed. MIL will be here tomorrow morning sometime so I'll still be able to leave around noon tomorrow as planned. If she's still sick by Monday my wifes gonna have to put in for a sub. I'm not coming home.
Etxbuckman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2018, 02:35 PM   #479
Low Fence
Pope & Young
 
Low Fence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Quitman, Tx.
Default

Looking like everything is in place for me to make my first move on 1 of 2 shooters this evening. Only delima is to hunt the stand between bedding area and a small food plot (wind should be good, never been hunted) or play somewhat of a safe this early in season and take a climber to another plot close by and hunt a guaranteed good wind, but typically have later pics of one of them there.

Leaning to go more aggressive since I have time to do it right, before the bang sticks scatter what I’ve collected and hunt the bedding trail. Lots of day time pics this week. And both walked by stand last week at 8 and 8:30... so fingers crossed wind works. If I get there and it ain’t I’m backing out. Too good of deer to Booger up being careless
Low Fence is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2018, 03:15 PM   #480
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young
 
SaltwaterSlick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Fence View Post
Looking like everything is in place for me to make my first move on 1 of 2 shooters this evening. Only delima is to hunt the stand between bedding area and a small food plot (wind should be good, never been hunted) or play somewhat of a safe this early in season and take a climber to another plot close by and hunt a guaranteed good wind, but typically have later pics of one of them there.

Leaning to go more aggressive since I have time to do it right, before the bang sticks scatter what Iíve collected and hunt the bedding trail. Lots of day time pics this week. And both walked by stand last week at 8 and 8:30... so fingers crossed wind works. If I get there and it ainít Iím backing out. Too good of deer to Booger up being careless
Well good luck!! Had to cancel my trip for this weekend to my "real" hunting property due to all this "weather".... gonna take my grandsons behind the house and make something bleed!! (I hope!! )
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2018, 03:45 PM   #481
EastTexas88
Four Point
 
EastTexas88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Beaumont, Tx
Hunt In: Sam Rayburn (East Texas)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etxbuckman View Post
Well my daughter came down with a fever so leaving tonight got squashed. MIL will be here tomorrow morning sometime so I'll still be able to leave around noon tomorrow as planned. If she's still sick by Monday my wifes gonna have to put in for a sub. I'm not coming home.

Awe hate to hear that about the little one! Iíve got the truck loaded down and the beer under ice. Hitting the road around 500!
EastTexas88 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2018, 03:48 PM   #482
drop dead fred
Pope & Young
 
drop dead fred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Willis
Hunt In: TX, NE, MEXICO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Fence View Post
Looking like everything is in place for me to make my first move on 1 of 2 shooters this evening. Only delima is to hunt the stand between bedding area and a small food plot (wind should be good, never been hunted) or play somewhat of a safe this early in season and take a climber to another plot close by and hunt a guaranteed good wind, but typically have later pics of one of them there.

Leaning to go more aggressive since I have time to do it right, before the bang sticks scatter what Iíve collected and hunt the bedding trail. Lots of day time pics this week. And both walked by stand last week at 8 and 8:30... so fingers crossed wind works. If I get there and it ainít Iím backing out. Too good of deer to Booger up being careless


I tend to lean towards the safer bet early then get a bit more aggressive once the rut hits and theyíre a little less weary. I go full court press from 11/6-11/20


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drop dead fred is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2018, 04:00 PM   #483
Low Fence
Pope & Young
 
Low Fence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Quitman, Tx.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drop dead fred View Post
I tend to lean towards the safer bet early then get a bit more aggressive once the rut hits and theyíre a little less weary. I go full court press from 11/6-11/20


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Me too. Iíve got a good plan as long as wind holds true. This is a new property that I e been around daily my whole life. The pressure in this particular area is like no other. One thanksgiving I know of 26 rifle hunters within a 1.5 sq mile. None are worth a flip at it... but they are there and moving stuff.

If wind is any north to it Iím good. Iím on the north side of an elevation change so I will never know what it does there until I check
Low Fence is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2018, 04:04 PM   #484
Low Fence
Pope & Young
 
Low Fence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Quitman, Tx.
Default

Yellow in truck and entry route 350 ish yards. Hill in middle
White is stand. Far East dot is possible climber tree
Green is food plots
Blue is travel trails
Red is bedding area

All my land is 20 year clear cut. Itís ridiculous thick. North neighbor is 8-10 clear cut. Small creek beginning is out border. Thatís where they bed (so far)
Attached Images
 
Low Fence is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2018, 04:38 PM   #485
Southern Blend
Spike
 
Southern Blend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Longview
Hunt In: East Texas
Default

Good luck. Keep us posted.
Southern Blend is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2018, 05:29 PM   #486
Tshelly
Ten Point
 
Tshelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Willis
Hunt In: Walker, Montgomery, Trinity, & Lee
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Fence View Post
Yellow in truck and entry route 350 ish yards. Hill in middle

White is stand. Far East dot is possible climber tree

Green is food plots

Blue is travel trails

Red is bedding area



All my land is 20 year clear cut. Itís ridiculous thick. North neighbor is 8-10 clear cut. Small creek beginning is out border. Thatís where they bed (so far)


Good luck!! What county are you hunting again?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tshelly is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2018, 05:52 PM   #487
Low Fence
Pope & Young
 
Low Fence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Quitman, Tx.
Default

Wood

Change of plans.......

“Weather said”ENE switching to NE 7-9 mph

The ene would have been iffy but ne perfect. I checked the south, too and north side of hill... ESE to SE. that’s a no go for launch. I packed my climber in just in case but it’s no the right wind reguardless so I dropped it off and got into a ladder on a pinch point between 2 plots. We’ll see. Not expecting much. Maybe some doe and higher expectations of hogs. All I can do is make the best of it. I’m not ruining that stand on bedding trail
Low Fence is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2018, 08:48 PM   #488
GarGuy
Pope & Young
 
GarGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Default

Saw a doe in heat this evening. Its about that time.
GarGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2018, 09:17 PM   #489
EastTexas88
Four Point
 
EastTexas88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Beaumont, Tx
Hunt In: Sam Rayburn (East Texas)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarGuy View Post
Saw a doe in heat this evening. Its about that time.

Co Worker seen two bucks chasing does early this morning coming into work. What county are you in?
EastTexas88 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2018, 09:19 PM   #490
Tshelly
Ten Point
 
Tshelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Willis
Hunt In: Walker, Montgomery, Trinity, & Lee
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarGuy View Post
Saw a doe in heat this evening. Its about that time.


I have video from a buddy of a 2 yr old breeding a doe on Monday in Montgomery county


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tshelly is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2018, 10:10 PM   #491
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young
 
SaltwaterSlick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Default

New bucks showing up behind my house, plus trail cam pics of bucks chasing does this week... sure is bad timing for the Trinity River flood!!
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2018, 10:58 PM   #492
EastTexas88
Four Point
 
EastTexas88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Beaumont, Tx
Hunt In: Sam Rayburn (East Texas)
Default

I’ll be sitting in the blind come 545am! Hope I’ll see some chasing like others have during the week.
EastTexas88 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-19-2018, 07:22 AM   #493
Tshelly
Ten Point
 
Tshelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Willis
Hunt In: Walker, Montgomery, Trinity, & Lee
Default

Headed in after my forest buck in the Sam Houston. First time to hunt this spot. I still donít have a tree picked out where I want yet, plan is to slip in and get there right at light to find the right tree. Got the horns in tow and a target in mind. Itís a half mile, not easy walk. Iíll try and update once I get settled in.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tshelly is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-19-2018, 07:36 AM   #494
JLivi1224
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Mid County
Hunt In: Public
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tshelly View Post
Headed in after my forest buck in the Sam Houston. First time to hunt this spot. I still donít have a tree picked out where I want yet, plan is to slip in and get there right at light to find the right tree. Got the horns in tow and a target in mind. Itís a half mile, not easy walk. Iíll try and update once I get settled in.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good luck man !
JLivi1224 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-19-2018, 08:40 AM   #495
Etxbuckman
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Spring
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tshelly View Post
Headed in after my forest buck in the Sam Houston. First time to hunt this spot. I still donít have a tree picked out where I want yet, plan is to slip in and get there right at light to find the right tree. Got the horns in tow and a target in mind. Itís a half mile, not easy walk. Iíll try and update once I get settled in.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good luck, Tony!


Hey don't you have a place on private ground in Montgomery County too? I remember you killed a good one last year out there.
Etxbuckman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-19-2018, 08:59 AM   #496
axisbuck
Ten Point
 
axisbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Lampasas
Default

I know of two giants killed in Davy Crockett this week chasing does..its getting that time!
axisbuck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-19-2018, 09:27 AM   #497
Tshelly
Ten Point
 
Tshelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Willis
Hunt In: Walker, Montgomery, Trinity, & Lee
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etxbuckman View Post
Good luck, Tony!





Hey don't you have a place on private ground in Montgomery County too? I remember you killed a good one last year out there.


Yeah I hunt around the house with my neighbors. Itís not really set up right for bow hunting though. You bust too many deer. We just got another 70 acres so our access should cleanup a lot


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tshelly is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-19-2018, 09:32 AM   #498
Tshelly
Ten Point
 
Tshelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Willis
Hunt In: Walker, Montgomery, Trinity, & Lee
Default 2018/19 East Texas Hunting Thread

Just rattled here. Man it was a cluster getting set up. Changed trees twice a. Lost an arrow. Realized I only have 1 arrow to shoot. My two other fixed blades catch the riser when I draw and pops them off the string. Good thing I drew some practice times and realized that. Be a miracle to see a deer let alone shoot one lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tshelly is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-19-2018, 09:48 AM   #499
EastTexas88
Four Point
 
EastTexas88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Beaumont, Tx
Hunt In: Sam Rayburn (East Texas)
Default 2018/19 East Texas Hunting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tshelly View Post
Just rattled here. Man it was a cluster getting set up. Changed trees twice a. Lost an arrow. Realized I only have 1 arrow to shoot. My two other fixed blades catch the riser when I draw and pops them off the string. Good thing I drew some practice times and realized that. Be a miracle to see a deer let alone shoot one lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Hahaha sounds like a type of morning Iíve had so far. Started off good by driving down the county road and saw a small 8. Grabbed my gear and got it into the Ranger. Drove to my blind (parked 300 yards away) Walking in I smelt doe P heavily, got to my pop up and realized I left my bow in the Ranger... Who does that?! Finally get back to my pop up and come daylight I noticed my pop up must of gotten turned by the wind and wasnít even facing the feeder...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EastTexas88 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-19-2018, 10:22 AM   #500
Etxbuckman
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Spring
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexas88 View Post
Hahaha sounds like a type of morning Iíve had so far. Started off good by driving down the county road and saw a small 8. Grabbed my gear and got it into the Ranger. Drove to my blind (parked 300 yards away) Walking in I smelt doe P heavily, got to my pop up and realized I left my bow in the Ranger... Who does that?! Finally get back to my pop up and come daylight I noticed my pop up must of gotten turned by the wind and wasnít even facing the feeder...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tshelly View Post
Just rattled here. Man it was a cluster getting set up. Changed trees twice a. Lost an arrow. Realized I only have 1 arrow to shoot. My two other fixed blades catch the riser when I draw and pops them off the string. Good thing I drew some practice times and realized that. Be a miracle to see a deer let alone shoot one lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This sounds like my season so far.

Hope it settles down and the deer starting moving.
Etxbuckman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com