Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best non-bow mounted quiver for hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best non-bow mounted quiver for hunting?

Hello everyone I'm brand new to traditional archery and I was wondering what your favorite non-bow mounted quiver is for hunting applications? I'm going to start hog hunting and need a quiver that I can use hunting out of a tree stand or ground blind. Thank you for any help yall can give me on this matter.

You might look at a Safari Tuff quiver.

Traditional archery gear made in USA. Archery equipment made to last.

Bisch

Comment

Hello Dub,

How big a fellow are you? I ask because I am 6'1" 330. When I use a back quiver it's hard to find one that will move around my torso. They don't put enuff slack in the belt to fit all of my manly girth.

Comment

Comment

I'm 6 ft 200 pounds

Comment

Originally posted by Dubya View Post
            I'm 6 ft 200 pounds
            You won't have the problem SMOOTHboar is referring to.

Bisch

Comment

I always hunted with a removable quiver with a compound. I found that I liked the feel and the weight of a quiver on my traditional bows. Just my opinion and we all know about opinions

Comment

Originally posted by caughtandhobble View Post
                I always hunted with a removable quiver with a compound. I found that I liked the feel and the weight of a quiver on my traditional bows. Just my opinion and we all know about opinions
                How do the slip on quivers perform on the one piece bows? I have a renegade spirit 1, it would be better than having to carry extra equipment I'm sure.

Comment

I just use a belt quiver and then just take it off when I get to my treestand or wherever I'm doing stationary hunting. It also works well for stalking and still hunting.

Comment

For my 1 piece recurve I used to hunt with I used a Great northern strap on quiver. It worked great and left the option of just taking it off real quick once at blind/stand. Backquivers are almost impossible for me due to the thick areas I tend to hunt.
                    B

Comment

As for back type quivers, I like a mini-cat quiver. It protects the fletching from moisture and holds the arrows securely in place so as not to have your feathers rustling together at an inoportune time. They sit lower on your back than most traditional back quivers and can be easily and quietly slipped up under your arm to ease through thick brush. I also like the looks of the Safari Tuff quivers but have not had the pleasure of trying one. I use to not like bow quivers at all, but have learned to like the little added weight and the Kanati I use is fast on and off if I want to hang it up once on stand and it comes off as a unit, keeping my arrows together.

Comment

2nd the cat quiver

Comment

I had this one custom made it has 3 D rings, and two straps, can be a side quiver, back quiver and made to ride right beside the body.
                          The quiver top is extra long to protect the fletching and it has draw strings to keep the keep the arrows from rattling around.

Best I've even had on my shoulder.

Comment

I like using a bow mounted quiver to get my arrows into the woods but I don't care to shoot with a quiver on the bow. I've found the Kanati Dual Arc model to fit my needs the best, the quick detach system is rock solid for the walk in, but I can have it off the bow in about 5 seconds once I get the the stand. The hood has a ring built into it that allows me to hang the quiver once I get in the tree and the adjustability of the quiver is simply amazing. Well worth the money for the versatility that you get with this model!

Comment

Working...
                            X