Comment

great looking splices

I've built / fletched my own arrows since I was a teenager
      one of the first things I got was my fletching jig
      I still believe in fletching one arrow at a time
      I use a digital watch with the count-down timer set for 20'mins
      and just set the jig in front of me on the desk and get'er done

I have a straight clamp and a left helical clamp

as a target shooter, nothing makes a better set of competition arrows than a single clamp. every fletching is put on in exactly the same position.

Comment

looks great

Comment

Well done

Comment

Those look great, you did an awesome job!!!!

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
                Those look awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been trying to figure out a way to do it with vanes, but have been unsuccessful so far.

I can get them stuck together just fine where they look good, but you have to glue them together the full length of the seams, and the glue lines make them to stiff.

I figure if I can ever get it figured out, I might get some of the folks (Deb) to stop treating me like a red headed step child for using them.

Rick
                With vanes, would it be easier to paint or color on the design you want? I don't know what kind of paint to use with them, but maybe some of the Testor's brand paints used for making plastic model cars?

Comment

The feathers look great!!!

Comment

Very nice Agtex42!

Comment

Thanks for the kind words yall!

It was a bit intimidating at first but I got the hang of things pretty quick. I decided to go with a 5" shield cut chopper to give me some flexibility between carbons and woods, but I've been playing around with the "leftovers" in an attempt to maximize my feather use and I think I'll be able to get a full 5" feather and a 2.75" "custom" profile for a 4-fletch setup.

Derek, I have to say your video was as inspiring as it was informative! I already have several membranes stripped and cut, just waiting on my fletch-tite to get here so I can start splicing them in.
                      Last edited by agtex42; 09-29-2012, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by agtex42 View Post
                        Thanks for the kind words yall!

It was a bit intimidating at first but I got the hang of things pretty quick. I decided to go with a 5" shield cut chopper to give me some flexibility between carbons and woods, but I've been playing around with the "leftovers" in an attempt to maximize my feather use and I think I'll be able to get a full 5" feather and a 2.75" "custom" profile for a 4-fletch setup.

Derek, I have to say your video was as inspiring as it was informative! I already have several membranes stripped and cut, just waiting on my fletch-tite to get here so I can start splicing them in.
                        Glad the video help and I can't wait to see you next set.

Comment

Looks Great

Comment

Very impressive. Keep up the great work.

Comment

Nice fletchings. I will leave that fance stuff to you guys. I have dumbo points for fingers and trying to do work like that is a challenge to say the least for me.

Comment

That's awesome. They look great.

Comment

Working...
                                X