Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying a trad bow. Want input

So I've shot a few and I'm liking the Bear Takedown. Want to
    Get y'all's opinion on them. What do y'all think?

I have never shot the Bear TD, but they have a big following.I saw a custom Kodiak TD on another site for sale that looked beautiful. It is what feels good to you that counts.Bear is a good company and doubt it is going away.

Comment

You live smack dab in Sarrels country, you may have already shot them, if not you really should, you are welcome to shoot mine, very hard to beat Bob's bows! I did see however a Widow curve in Waco Craigslist, 500.00, called and talked to him, seems good buy, little heavy for me, 57 at 28"!

Comment

I am a widow fan myself. come to the camp bullis shoot this weekend and I will let u shoot mine. sarrels are great bows and shoot like my widows.

Comment

Go see Bob Sarrels.

Comment

I love my Zipper!

Comment

Bear Takedown looks like a nice bow but it is quite expensive new. You might want to give Bob Sarrels a visit. He's close and will have a lot of different bows for you to try so that you can see for yourself what works for you. Bows are sort of a opersonal thing. What works for me may not necessarily be what feels right for you. Give Bob a call, you won't regret it.

Wayne

Comment

Many complain about Bear T/D's being noisey. By bud has one that he says makes a racket. The locking system is not constant from bow to bow or even if you change limbs. I'd look at something else. Not in the market right now but I'm going to Bob Sarrels soon just to have a look see and maybe a shot or two. Frank

Comment

Get on the classifieds, here, Tradgang, & The Leatherwall or at this place http://www.rmsgear.com/bowshop_inventory.htm

And you can buy a used bow that's an 8 or 9 out of a 10 for half or 3/4 the price it costs new.

Comment

Buy the Bear never look back.

Comment

One of mine Thanks, Btw I have a hand full of the Bear take downs and thats the point in selling the Widow (sold yesterday)
                      Originally posted by hammackc View Post
                      You live smack dab in Sarrels country, you may have already shot them, if not you really should, you are welcome to shoot mine, very hard to beat Bob's bows! I did see however a Widow curve in Waco Craigslist, 500.00, called and talked to him, seems good buy, little heavy for me, 57 at 28"!

Comment

Working...
                      X