Final Table Brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOTX,
    I tried your final table rub on some 1/2 hogs I smoked over the weekend. It was GREAT! I did 1 hog just like your recipe called for and 1 without the Worchestershire sauce. Both were excellent.

Comment

I have been told by many that my brisket is the best brisket they have ever had. I like to use equal parts dijon mustard and brown sugar with a little minced garlic to rub it with and then my home made rub on it and let it sit over night to marry the flavors with the meat. Well saturday night I used your recipe and smoked a brisket all night long and it came out wonderful. My mom came over and started eating it and told me that was the best brisket that I have ever cooked and probaly the best she has ever had. Everyone was triping out big time on the brisket. I just wanted to say thank you for the recipe. It was easy and Im going to start cooking most of my briskets this way. Great recipe !

Comment

I really want to try this! I am unsure of how it would work on a gas grill though... it is all I have

Comment

I used this rub last year and it worked really well

Thanks for posting it!

Comment

This rub sounds great. Can't wait to use it. thanks

Comment

Old recipe just got tossed. This is the only way to fly.

Comment

I'm subscribing to this thread!!!

Comment

Great rub recipe

Comment

Got one going now....

I did all the prep work last night, got it started at 5:30 this morning.... smells so good momma doesn't want to go to the office.....
                    We are having a bunch of friend over tonight, late dinner and welcoming in the New Year! I'm pretty confident that this is gonna be a hit.

Comment

just out of curiosity...are you cooking with a smoker with a fire box and indirect heat, or over direct heat. Just trying to figure out the fat side down trick.

Comment

cool cooker

Comment

Wow I had no idea this thread had taken off like this. I am glad you guys like it. Roysmoke PM'd me the last couple of days and remined me of this thread. You guys are awesome thanks for the complements.
                          Keep the smoke rollin baby!

Comment

Any suggestions on a best buy offset firebox pit. What maker/manufacturer would you recommend. I've had the New Braunfels type that Academy sells, and it worked me to death trying to keep the internal temperature regulated and constant. Definitely need thicker steel to retain heat.

Comment

can't wait to try it, thanks

Comment

sounds good. Going to try it next weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X