Favorite Venison Cube Steak Recipe???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite Venison Cube Steak Recipe???

Just got my venison back from the processor and want to try some new recipes using tenderized venison cube steaks. We usually make them country style with cream gravy but need a change. Gimme your best recipe....

brown em off. while you are browning mix one can cream of mushroom soup, one can cream of celery soup, and about half a can(enough to rinse the can out) of water from each in a bowl to get the lumps out. Once the meat is browned place in a caserole dish. Pour soup mixture over the top. Cover with foil. Put in the over for about an hour on 400. Smashed potatoes go good with the gravy. Had some tonight.

Comment

I season steaks w/ Montreal seasoning. Dust steaks w/ flour and brown in a skillet. Place steaks in a slow cooker/ crock pot. Add one can of french onion soup, one can of cream of chicken, one can sliced mushrooms. Cook on low heat 3-5 hours. It's ok to cook longer, but steaks fall apart. 'Course, that aint always a bad thing!

Serve w/ garlic mashed potatoes, green beens, tossed salad and a Shiner Bock. Apple dumplins and Blue Bell ice cream for dessert.

Comment

Thanks guys...I like them both. I'll let you know how they turn out.

Comment

Brown 'em with onions until they make a gravy to serve over rice.....rice and gravy, the only way to go.

Comment

I really like to cook mine in a dutch oven. Melt enough bacon grease (you do save your bacon grease right?) to have about 1/4 inch in the bottom of your dutch oven or a large frying skillet. Slice 1 large onion and 2 cloves of garlic, set aside for now. Lightly dust your steaks in a heavily seasoned flour (just put alot of salt and pepper in it) and brown them in the hot fat. When steaks are brown, throw in the onion and garlic, and then top with a large can of diced tomatoes. Don't worry about the grease, it should all be gone by now. If not, just pour it off before you add the 'maters. Cook covered for about 2 hours on low heat.

Comment

Working...
            X