Trump unsigns the Arms trade Treaty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trump unsigns the Arms trade Treaty

President Trump ordered the “unsigning” of the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty. The easiest way to understand the future danger the ATT posed to U.S. gun owners is the complete refusal by proponents of the treaty to clarify that it would have no effect on the possession of small arms by law-abiding American gun owners.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Good.................

Comment

“Good Trump”!
      Preposterous that any American president would think they could try an end around of the constitution with that stupid treaty.

Comment

Now bring back bump stocks and sign a hearing protection act

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
          And end the stupid NFA. Silencers should be over the counter, been that way forever in Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
            HPA would have to get through the cowards and traitors in Congress first. Just don't see it happening.

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Good news but maybe short lived when a Democrat becomes president ....

Comment

Originally posted by awry View Post
                  Good news but maybe short lived when a Democrat becomes president ....
                  agreed....we will see executive order the likes no man has seen before the next time they gain power.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                    agreed....we will see executive order the likes no man has seen before the next time they gain power.
                    X10! That’s why I keep saying if anyone in any of the 3 branches of government were the least bit patriotic, they’d be advocating the elimination of the executive order.

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                      X10! That’s why I keep saying if anyone in any of the 3 branches of government were the least bit patriotic, they’d be advocating the elimination of the executive order.
                      Executive orders can't be eliminated without taking away the government's ability to respond quickly during a crisis. Disaster declarations after hurricanes, for example, are executive orders. So are military responses in the event of an attack. The deregulation taking place under Trump is based on an executive order. There is a bill in Congress that would require executive orders to be ratified by Congress within 60 days or they would expire. However Congress would play political games with this trading ratification for something they wanted so it could backfire.

Comment

Originally posted by treestand View Post
                        Executive orders can't be eliminated without taking away the government's ability to respond quickly during a crisis. Disaster declarations after hurricanes, for example, are executive orders. So are military responses in the event of an attack. The deregulation taking place under Trump is based on an executive order. There is a bill in Congress that would require executive orders to be ratified by Congress within 60 days or they would expire. However Congress would play political games with this trading ratification for something they wanted so it could backfire.
                        Why couldn't congress act in an emergency? The executive office was never meant to legislate and that's what our presidents have been using it for. Even if not eliminated, something ought to be done to fix this. I'd be ok with the 60 day expiration change. If congress wants to let it expire, then I would be ok with it. Congress is the branch that's supposed to declare war and what congress would yank emergency relief?

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                          Why couldn't congress act in an emergency? The executive office was never meant to legislate and that's what our presidents have been using it for. Even if not eliminated, something ought to be done to fix this. I'd be ok with the 60 day expiration change. If congress wants to let it expire, then I would be ok with it. Congress is the branch that's supposed to declare war and what congress would yank emergency relief?
                          I don't disagree. Just saying an outright elimination of EO's won't work. And I am concerned that a democract Congress would hold hostage the ratification of a sorely needed EO to get something they want from a Republican president. For example, they might demand more money to subsidize renewable energy before ratifying an EO declaring emergency funding for hurricane clean-up in Texas. Maybe not the best example but you get the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by treestand View Post
                            I don't disagree. Just saying an outright elimination of EO's won't work. And I am concerned that a democract Congress would hold hostage the ratification of a sorely needed EO to get something they want from a Republican president. For example, they might demand more money to subsidize renewable energy before ratifying an EO declaring emergency funding for hurricane clean-up in Texas. Maybe not the best example but you get the idea.
                            I may be suffering from an inadequate imagination but I can't imagine even Democrats doing that. And if they did, they'd be crucified at the polls the next go round. Which might make for a worthwhile sacrifice.

Comment

Working...
                            X