Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Sausage Making Thread...

Well, it is that time of year!

I'll add a few pics from our weekend of fun! This is my third year to participate with the Brushy Sausage Makers, but this well oiled machine has been stuffing meat every year since about 2004 near Stolle's place near Ellinger. If my calculations are correct we made 390 pounds of sausage this year. This year's group included the Stolle brothers, Z-man, Stevie, Baca, Peanut, Haley (and his son, Cole) and one of Stevie's friends, Bobby. GJ wasn't able to make it this year.

If you missed it last year, I put together a little video recap of our festivities for anybody interested in how it all goes down!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Flickr Photos

Looks good

Comment

Good times! Thank y'all for doing most of the work while I was gone. I think GJ and I need to stay away until lunch each year

Comment

Great write up and man that dried sausage looked addicting.

Btw - how did the cabbage sausage turn out last year?

Sent from my iPhone using Dilly Dilly!

Comment

What dried sausage?

Good work for good results Michael. I always liked making sausage but haven't done it in years.

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post

Turned out great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I'm so glad i gave up tying the ends 10 yrs ago !! That pic makes my fingers and eyes hurt

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
                What dried sausage?

Good work for good results Michael. I always liked making sausage but haven't done it in years.
                I think he's referring to the video link from last year.
                My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post

The cabbage/green onion sausage was really good! We kind of kept everything simple this year, but I may make a small batch soon now that I have a grinder at home!
                  My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                    The cabbage/green onion sausage was really good! We kind of kept everything simple this year, but I may make a small batch soon now that I have a grinder at home!

Just as easy since we didn't put any smoke on it. I might make a batch too. I had 36 pounds of pork left that we froze in 5 pound bags.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
                      Just as easy since we didn't put any smoke on it. I might make a batch too. I had 36 pounds of pork left that we froze in 5 pound bags.

Would you change anything up or do the same. It sure looked good. I like cabbage.

Comment

Nice haul gentlemen! Good to see somebody put Michael to work..

Comment

Nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

we made 200 pounds this weekend also. I am not liking this foggy wet weather for my dried sausage. We have fans going but still won't dry worth a crap in weather like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post

That reminds me, I "borrowed" 12 pounds of your pork because I was short (before I found a whole pork butt in the bottom of my cooler that I forgot to cut!) Let me know how much it cost!

I had that pork and a lot of leftover venison thawed. I ground 12 pounds of pork and added 13 lbs of venison with my little LEM and made pan sausage last night. To keep it simple, I bought a bottle of Bolner's Fiesta Venison Sausage mix for this batch. We cooked spaghetti with it last night and it was good. I didn't try it on it's own, but I'll cook up a package in the next day or so!

I also canned 11 pints of venison, 8 pints of wild hog and 3 pints of the leftover pork last night.

Oh, and I dried just over 3 lbs (net) of jerky Sunday night. (I'll bring the dehydrator next time I come to town if you want to use it! )
                              My Flickr Photos

Comment

Working...
                              X