California Thinking.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

California Thinking.

This was sent to me, Bell County, where I live. Check out the democratic propositions, has me questioning what Texas is becoming. I would have believed if this came from California or even Austin but not central Texas.
    Also to be honest I have problems with both Democrat and Republican ballets being printed in English and Spanish. Just wanted to share.

Texas is becoming democrat. Think about it. People with no money are having the most kids and these normally vote left because free handouts.

The common people like us who don't use government money vote more right. Along with immigration. We are becoming outnumbered.

Why you think liberals want to allow immigration?!

Yes we live in America. Speak English. When we go to other countries we have to learn their language

Comment

Originally posted by Berretta Man View Post
      This was sent to me, Bell County, where I live. Check out the democratic propositions, has me questioning what Texas is becoming. I would have believed if this came from California or even Austin but not central Texas.
      Also to be honest I have problems with both Democrat and Republican ballets being printed in English and Spanish. Just wanted to share.
      Nothing to do with voting in America should ever be printed in spanish and it really pizzez me off.
      You either learn the language (because your proud to be here) and become a citizen or get the **** out

Comment

Texas hill country is being flooded with Californians.....fleeing high taxes, and regulations...Unfortunately they are bringing their politics with them

Comment

And their darn bicycles

Comment

Federal Overreach

Originally posted by flywise View Post
            Nothing to do with voting in America should ever be printed in spanish and it really pizzez me off.
            You either learn the language (because your proud to be here) and become a citizen or get the **** out
            Do you believe in States' Rights? If so, you should change your message to read in Texas rather than America. Unless you believe the local counties have rights too. Remember in Florida the state language is Spanish. I believe they have should have that right.

I agree that states shouldn't be forced by the feds to print in any particular language. But I also believe that they shouldn't be prohibited from doing so. Of course I also believe in power at the local level and would support a county who chose not to print in English/Spanish/etc.

We either have to believe in power at the local level or at the federal level otherwise we support hypocrisy at all levels.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
              And their darn bicycles
              No kidding! Seen a guy almost get ran over this past weekend as he was huffin' and puffin' up a hill.

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                Do you believe in States' Rights? If so, you should change your message to read in Texas rather than America. Unless you believe the local counties have rights too. Remember in Florida the state language is Spanish. I believe they have should have that right.

I agree that states shouldn't be forced by the feds to print in any particular language. But I also believe that they shouldn't be prohibited from doing so. Of course I also believe in power at the local level and would support a county who chose not to print in English/Spanish/etc.

We either have to believe in power at the local level or at the federal level otherwise we support hypocrisy at all levels.
                My point is...you have to be a citizen to vote, you have to be able to communicate to a basic level to become a citizen so there is no reason for anything at a voting booth to be in a language other than english. If a bunch of idiots in florida or San Antonio want their official language to spanish so be it, but not in the voting booth. You either love this place enough to learn english or you dont vote

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                  Texas hill country is being flooded with Californians.....fleeing high taxes, and regulations...Unfortunately they are bringing their politics with them
                  Yep. One would hope that they would embrace the Texas way instead.

It is interesting when you talk to people from other states though about certain things. A conservative in some states may be considered a liberal here. I met a guy from upstate New York on a hunt last fall and I wouldn't call him a lib by any stretch of the imagination. But you could tell he had a different point of view on things. Honestly that is what scares me about Trump, although he seems to be doing fine so far.

Comment

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

You cant buy these types of laughs. Language rants with grammatical errors

Comment

I know a Mexico immigrant who works at a local tire shop He learned English and Polish and he is offended when he sees these things printed in Spanish He is citizen now and a great person

Comment

From California huh?

Comment

My point is...you have to be a citizen to vote, you have to be able to communicate to a basic level to become a citizen so there is no reason for anything at a voting booth to be in a language other than english. If a bunch of idiots in florida or San Antonio want their official language to spanish so be it, but not in the voting booth. You either love this place enough to learn english or you dont vote
                          So you don't care if everyone in the county wants to do it we should get the feds to enforce your will on them... Sounds like a Democrat. Speaking a language doesn't have anything to do with loving your country it has to do with being intelligent. Learning English in a country who's dominant language is English is smart. Refusing to do so is stupid. Smoking a ton of cigarettes when you know they'll give you cancer is stupid but conservatives believe in freedom to be stupid. Liberals (ironically) want to legislate it away (ex. banning 44oz drinks). Don't criticize them then try and be just like them.

Comment

So you don't care if everyone in the county wants to do it we should get the feds to enforce your will on them... Sounds like a Democrat. Speaking a language doesn't have anything to do with loving your country it has to do with being intelligent. Learning English in a country who's dominant language is English is smart. Refusing to do so is stupid. Smoking a ton of cigarettes when you know they'll give you cancer is stupid but conservatives believe in freedom to be stupid. Liberals (ironically) want to legislate it away (ex. banning 44oz drinks). Don't criticize them then try and be just like them.
                            Enforce my will? Do you even understand what I wrote?
                            If you can't read or speak English your not a citizen. And if a person is not a citizen they can't legally vote. So, no need for Spanish or any other language at a polling station And by the way, Spanish is not the official language in Florida or any other state. I 100% believe in states rights but I do not believe in circumventing the rights of the American people

Comment

My Bad

Enforce my will? Do you even understand what I wrote?
                              If you can't read or speak English your not a citizen. And if a person is not a citizen they can't legally vote. So, no need for Spanish or any other language at a polling station And by the way, Spanish is not the official language in Florida or any other state. I 100% believe in states rights but I do not believe in circumventing the rights of the American people
                              I apologize. I'd heard it was and am apparently mistaken. Now if you truly believe there aren't any American citizens who don't speak English, well that I know for a fact is wrong. But regardless, we're not talking about whether or not the majority of citizens know English. We're talking about whether or not they should have the right to declare a language other than English as their official language. A similar question would be, "If the majority of Americans support gay marriage, should we force all states/counties/business owners to do so also?" I'm sure you'd agree with me that the answer is a resounding, "No!" That's one of the main concepts this country was founded on. Preventing the majority from trampling the rights of the minority. That would kind of be like telling the Amish they have to get with the times because the vast majority of citizens have. There are places in this country where you could live your entire life with no need for English. Sure, doing so would be a sad, self-imposed limitation of your life/opportunities but who am I to tell you that the life you chose isn't good enough?

The founding fathers of Texas didn't believe they should have to learn a national language but you disagree? It was one (of many) reasons for the Texas revolution.

Comment

Working...
                              X