• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
    I'm staying at the Alistir Square Inn.
    Cool i will call ya when i get there

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
      Looks like that rig is just a bit east of Boomvang and Nancen.

EB 646. I may know a few things about this vessel [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RACK View Post
        Cool i will call ya when i get there

10-4

ETA 4:45pm

Comment

For those asking how to clean the fish I used this video to give me an idea on how to do it. It was really simple and we cleaned 13 fish in about 45 min. Also has some good info on what part to use for what.

Here Captain Chris Walters shows us how to clean black fin tuna and prepare sashimi.

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
            They do an excellent job at the Dock cleaning our catch. 40 cents per pound and it allows you to pack up year gear, grab a beer and unwind on Terra Firma as they knock that job out. Covered patio with picnic tables, soda\beer and ice there to cover the wait.
            Rob,
            Are you guys going out of Dolphin Docks? How functional are they right now? Be self sufficient.
            We were down again last Monday and Tuesday and Port A is still a mess. I wouldn't plan on anything being like you know it, including fish cleaning. IGA is open with limited selection, but not sure of how many other dining options. I know FINS, Beach Lodge, and a few are open. Gas at the Stripes at 361 and 1A if you need it.

Hard Times indeed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hard Times sunk tbh.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	24514934

Syl and I won't be there to see the catch, so good luck to you guys. Shout out to Rack, Septic Mike, Burnadell, and whoever is on this adventure.

Hogboy

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
              My son will be coming home to visit for the first time since he left for college. Think my wife would care if I picked him up and went on this trip instead?
              I know what he would prefer lol

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhogboy View Post
                Rob,
                Are you guys going out of Dolphin Docks? How functional are they right now? Be self sufficient.
                We were down again last Monday and Tuesday and Port A is still a mess. I wouldn't plan on anything being like you know it, including fish cleaning. IGA is open with limited selection, but not sure of how many other dining options. I know FINS, Beach Lodge, and a few are open. Gas at the Stripes at 361 and 1A if you need it.

Hard Times indeed.

[ATTACH]878212[/ATTACH]

Syl and I won't be there to see the catch, so good luck to you guys. Shout out to Rack, Septic Mike, Burnadell, and whoever is on this adventure.

Hogboy
                Hey Gary ... were down here its still a train wreck but we are shipping out in the morning. We hit Fins for dinner b4 it closed at 8. Seems everything here closes at 8 . The destruction is overwhelming . I am beside myself looking thru it . We will see you next go round tho .[emoji3]

Comment

Good luck everyone!

Comment

Should be getting pretty serious about now.

Comment

I just talked to the captain and as of right now they have 8 yellowfins and a few black fins.

That said it was rough. They hit 3 rigs last night trying to get some get something going.

But the good thing about a 2 night trip is they get to try again tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by hog smacker View Post
                        I just talked to the captain and as of right now they have 8 yellowfins and a few black fins.

That said it was rough. They hit 3 rigs last night trying to get some get something going.

Yup. Seas should be laying down a bit today.

Comment

Man this looks fun. Wish I woulve seen the thread.

Comment

Anyone for some tuna action?

Originally posted by hog smacker View Post

Yeah
                            I heard it was going to be a lot of jigging and chunking as the yft were down deep still
                            Hopefully they get on em tonight and are able to pick up a few trolling today.
                            Still bummed I had to miss this trip, but got the last spot on the 11/11 50hr with Tim
                            Keep us posted if you hear more

Last edited by Sparkles; 10-21-2017, 11:51 AM.

Comment

It was a little broke up but I think I heard they got 7 tuna trolling yesterday and finished up the trip with 27 yellowfins.

Comment

We got a fat box .. i cought a few on top water but most were down deep 350ft and lower. Rob and I were busting toad blackfins on frenzys blowin up on topwater. Burnadell nailed 2 nice ones on flat line chunk . Geezy nailed a stud yellowfin on an 8 oz jig at 350 ft. We busted 7 trolling halco 190s .
                                More later just getting to the docks.

Comment

Working...
                                X