KJO-Floresville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KJO-Floresville

Got to hunt the "Old Ranch" this past weekend ... Tough hunt but that's why it's called hunting. Everything was green with water everywhere.
    Good established stands but could use shooting lane trimming. No established feeders but some might get the game out of the thick and I mean Thick Brush !
    I had the Axis Doe/2-Hog package. Here is what I saw:
    1. 1st evening, 1 piglet @ mid-shin high and looked real thin.
    2. 1st morning, Nothing but some rabbits and birds.
    3. 2nd Evening (Best for animal sighting as I sat in a tree with lots of activity & Acorns) Sika Doe's heard pigs and saw 2 pigs (almost had one but the stand made a noise while I shifted). Also could have had a ram easily.
    4. last sit this morning - Nothing but rabbits and some "Cactus rat's" getting the corn.

Never seen an Axis deer while on stand. Three(3) other hunter's from Arizona were in camp with only 2 goats taken.

I would have to think hard about going back as not many animals were seen ... even seen even by the other hunters.

Yup... That's hunting... Better luck next time

Comment

Maybe not alot was seen there because im sure he has spent most of his time getting the new ranch together. And its probably still realll green down in floresville.

Comment

are the words " it's too green" used in other day leases during the non-winter months.

Comment

Patriot-sad that the sightings were few. As far as busy on the other ranch, if you have a business & customers, I would think they deserve "at least" the same chances the new place offers. Yes, it is hunting though. I've been to several different operations & yes, been skunked but at least I "saw" what I was hunting. I think this is "maybe" the 1st "kinda" negative about KJO. I had been researching KJO & another place for a hunt & did finally book with the other ONLY because I'm interested in Hogs for my G-son & myself & his new place apparently has very few.. Pigs was the deciding factor for my choice.

Comment

Working...
          X