Return of Soldiers' Remains at Osan AFB, South Korea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Return of Soldiers' Remains at Osan AFB, South Korea

This is a moving ceremony. Remains placed on board planes bound for Hawaii. I do not know the ID will be made there or in Dover. I am excited for the Familes who will have their loved ones returned and cannot imagine how they will feel. Prayers sent and also for all our TBHers who served

I would assume with modern technology they can swab dna from all the decedent's of the MIA and then test against bone marrow and make a positive ID. Good news.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
      I would assume with modern technology they can swab dna from all the decedent's of the MIA and then test against bone marrow and make a positive ID. Good news.
      Officials have said it will likely take awhile.

TODAY:
      There will be a service at Arlington Cemetery to return the one DogTag to the surviving Sons of that Veteran. FOX said they were going to cover but that was 30+ minutes ago.

Comment

I am truly surprised that NK actually kept these bodies over all that time.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
          I am truly surprised that NK actually kept these bodies over all that time.
          Im sure it was more of the case of the earth keeping them than NK. Mass graves in NK. Think excavator and bulldozer sized graves.

Comment

Teams have tried for years to get permission to search for War dead. I think the last group to get in may have been during the Clinton or W. Bush administrations. I did see the replay of the Service and the Q&A with the sons.

Comment

I'm reading Bones of My Grandfather right now. It was recommended on a TBH thread and is a really good read. I'm happy for those that want their loved ones returned and understanding of those that want them to stay where they're buried. I'd want to come home.

Comment

Overwhelming

Comment

At least one dog tag was in the box from what I saw on the BBC in Dubai last week. Hits close to home when I think I had two uncles and my dad serve in that war. Prayers for all.

Comment

Working...
                  X