Things to do in Austin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things to do in Austin

Wife and I are going at the end of the month for our anniversary. She’s pregnant so bar hoping is out. Y’all have any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dinner at Steiner ranch steak house is a must for my wife and I on our anniversary. Just out side Austin and has an amazing atmosphere along with great views from the patio. My wife loved it even knocked up with virgin drinks. Try to get there in time to see the sunset.

Comment

Originally posted by Bh_liberty View Post
      Dinner at Steiner ranch steak house is a must for my wife and I on our anniversary. Just out side Austin and has an amazing atmosphere along with great views from the patio. My wife loved it even knocked up with virgin drinks. Try to get there in time to see the sunset.

This is exactly what I was going to say as well.

Comment

Drive right through it.. . . . and say no the beggars on the corner

To be serious I have not been to Austin as a getaway in many years and since alcohol and adult entertainment is out of the question Im not much help HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

Thanks guys. The only thing I wanted to do was eat at franklins but idk about waiting in line for a long time. Friend of mine told me about a bbq joint called stiles switch bbq I think we are going to check out.

Comment

LA BBQ as well. Tex Mex at Matt's on Lamar. Plucker's for wings and sports.

So much to do in the Austin area. Venture out into the Hill Country. South to San Marcos and New Braunfels.

Comment

Weed

Comment

Originally posted by G5-Maniac View Post
                Thanks guys. The only thing I wanted to do was eat at franklins but idk about waiting in line for a long time. Friend of mine told me about a bbq joint called stiles switch bbq I think we are going to check out.

Franklins is good but it’s really hyped up. Heims in Fort Worth is better in my opinion, but you know what they say about those lol.

Comment

Visit the springs, Bob Bullock Texas History Museum, Walk around Lady Bird Lake trails, Eat lot's of tacos, stare at a plethora of pretty ladies when your wife isn't looking. Shop on South Congress. Eat more tacos. The Blanton art museum on Campus. Believe it or not the new Downtown public library is worth checking out. It is more than just a place with books in it.

Comment

Go spend the day in gruene and eat at the gristmill.

Comment

As your friend suggested, Stiles Switch is excellent. That's why Franklin's recommends it to their overflow line.

Comment

Head down to San Marcos and go eat Hays county BBQ. better than Franklins and Stiles.....

Comment

As is San Marcos BBQ.

Herbert's as well for the best cheese enchiladas with chile con carne and onions in the world.

Comment

Go to Louie Mueller for BBQ instead (located in Taylor), where Franklin got his start. Same process, cheaper, less crowd and better atmosphere. Austin not the same as in the 70's when Willie was running around town. IMO it has been on a terrible decline for the past several decades. The better attractions are in the outlying areas (smaller communities outside Austin). Safer for sure!

Comment

Stiles Switch BBQ on N Lamar near DPS HQ is as good IMHO small line vs long line at Franklins

Take her to shop S Congress during the day good luck parking here Uber from your hotel if you can

Head over to the Domain for fancy shopping

Lot of big retail with hard to pronounce names

North is a great Italian restaurant in the Domain

Apple store there if you are inclined not my favorite place

Zilker pool is nice during the day ice cold spring fed even when it’s 100 degrees

Bob Bullock Museum is good

Schultz’ beer garden is tucked into the area between all the State Buildings and UT Campus you’d miss it if you weren’t looking for it
                              Back in the day Ann Richards and Bill Clinton would meet at Schultz’

They have good jambalaya go figure in a German beer garden

If it’s warms up the bats fly out from under the Congress Ave at dusk
                              Best view is from atop the sidewalk on the bridge

I’d avoid 6th Street

Comment

Working...
                              X