Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many fly fishermen on here.

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
    How in the world you cast a fly in that 20mph plus wind that always seems to be blowing down there? I think I would be wore out trying to cast a heavy rod into that. It can be challenging with my spinning gear.

Practice practice practice. Setting up with the wind in your favor is a great idea, but not always ideal depending on sun and other factors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got to add California to my list of states I’ve caught a trout. Little Truckee yesterday. Beautiful place and nice rainbows.

Comment

I love Truckee in the summer. Good stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
          Practice practice practice. Setting up with the wind in your favor is a great idea, but not always ideal depending on sun and other factors.

What setup (mainly line weight and rod length) for SW? Looking for some insight on getting a setup put together myself.

Thanks

Comment

How many fly fishermen on here.

Picture of my gf after losing a fish up in Colorado, been there before

Comment

Was in Yellowstone for a few days and caught a bunch of cutthroats. Crazy beautiful place.

Click image for larger version

Name:	E23E0469-37AD-41C2-B144-3E6BBCE33078.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	24550322

Name:	8B8D31BA-4A78-4AF4-9154-06E7F38AD898.jpeg
Size:	192.3 KB
ID:	24550323

Name:	8B10DC88-F8D6-490C-B4F2-46C6F980D3DC.jpeg
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	24550324

Comment

Nice. I don't see much smoke either

Comment

Originally posted by HappyM View Post
                  Was in Yellowstone for a few days and caught a bunch of cutthroats. Crazy beautiful place.

[ATTACH]920230[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]920231[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]920232[/ATTACH]
                  Pretty cutties. Where were you fishing in Yellowstone?

Comment

On Slough Creek on the north end of the park. Nice stretch of water. Fish were mostly cooperating and only saw a few other folks. Remarkable amount of fire debris from fire ten years ago or so.

There was smoke when we arrived from Cali fire but it was not terrible, just enough to make it look smoky. Then had a big rain come through one evening and knocked the smoke down but apparently the storm started a few fires north of the park.

Great trip.

Comment

Never been to that part of the park, but we will be touring through there on Aug 25/26 on the way up to Red Lodge, then back down to Cody and back to Henry's Lake where we will stay for a week. Not sure where all we will fish this time; most likely the Madison and maybe the Henry's Fork. I like the looks of Slough Creek.

Comment

Originally posted by HappyM View Post
                        On Slough Creek on the north end of the park. Nice stretch of water. Fish were mostly cooperating and only saw a few other folks. Remarkable amount of fire debris from fire ten years ago or so.

There was smoke when we arrived from Cali fire but it was not terrible, just enough to make it look smoky. Then had a big rain come through one evening and knocked the smoke down but apparently the storm started a few fires north of the park.

Great trip.

I fished Slough Creek a few times when I was young. My dad lived in Livingston. We’d usually walk up to the second meadow since most people stop at the first. I LOVE fishing meadows! This time of year the hoppers are popping and the fish are reckless. I have great memories of fishing on Slough Creek. It was my dad’s favorite place to fish.

Last time I fished the park I was catching grayljng on the Firehole when a bison walked up to the bank where I was wading. Not 20 feet away! It stared at me while I filled up my waders and then it walked off.

Yellowstone Park is the best!

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
                          Yep she does

Attached Files

Comment

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Headed to Baffin tonight for a quick solo trip in the morning.

Comment

I will be giving a presentation on fly fishing for bigger bass to the New Braunfels club on the 28th of August. If you're in the area, stop by, it's always a good time.

Comment

Working...
                                X