No announcement yet.

Please help me pray for our Emmett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lord God we continue to lift up Emmett and his mom and dad to You for healing, comfort, and peace. Lord we ask specifically for a stable heart and blood pressure to help him gain his strength. Lord it is through Your Son's Blood we are all healed. We ask You Lord for that healing Blood from You through Your Son Jesus bathe Emmett in power and strength. We Love You Lord, and we thank You for Your work in this family. We ask, please see it through to helping them raise up little Emmett in the way he should go as He follows You and works in Your Ways. In the name of Jesus Christ our Savior we ask and pray, Amen.

Comment

Prayers for your family.

Comment

Prayers

Comment

You all are still in my prayers

Comment

Just got our Daughter home after a 2 week NICU stint. She was 6 weeks early.

The nurses and Doctors are amazing in the NICU

Lots of love and prayers being sent!!!!

Comment

Thoughts are with you and your wife Colton. On the whole, it sounds like your little man is doing well given the circumstances. Keep us updated and let us know if we can do anything other then prayers!

Comment

More prayers sent

Comment

Prayers for your family and baby Emmett

Comment

Your family is still in my thoughts and prayers. Hope the little guy continues to improve.

Comment

Prayers for you as well as the munchkin... Lord knows y'all aren't taking care of yourselves right during this. Hope you have some family around to make you eat/sleep take a breather

Comment

Continuing prayers. Sounds like y’all are taking it all in stride and hopefully he will keep progressing.

Comment

Prayers up

Comment

Continued prayers for little Emmitt, mom and dad. Sounds like the medical team is legit, have faith in them.

Comment

Day 8 update. Our hearts are so full! Today was a day that we had been longing for since our our little Emmett was born. A day that we feared would be much further down the road than what it was. I arrived at Emmett's room this morning to find the coolest surprise (see pic!). I couldn't wait for mom to see, as she was a little behind me running an errand. While in the room, the nurse asked if we would be ready for some skin to skin therapy (aka-hold him!). My heart skipped a beat, and with teary eyes I replied "you bet we are!" I immediately called Krystal and told her the great news. There was nothing more that could have happened at that moment to make us more happy. Krystal arrived, and a team of nurses came in to assist with the move. Our little guy still has so many tubes and wires hooked up to him that it takes a whole team to move him. They placed Emmett on mom's bare chest as she cradled him. The world came to an abrupt stop, and for an hour we were the most happy and proud parents that could be found.

Emmett had a relatively good day health wise. His blood pressure was concerning (for me) again, but not because of being too low; for being too high! His Dr gave him a dose of hydrocortisone which really seemed to help his BP. They were able to scale his dopamine back, and the Dr assured me that his BP was never too high. His fluid levels seem to be a bit of a challenge. His kidneys are perfusion nicely, but urine output is all over the place causing some imbalances in sodium, etc. They are monitoring this closely to supplement him if need be. He's still a champ at his breathing and oxygen levels, so we're thankful for that.

Our next hurdle involves Emmett's heart murmur. We had a pleasant sit down with Emmett's neonatologist today to discuss his outlook and plans moving forward. I'll do my best to regurgitate the plan to address this murmur. There is an artery in the heart (PDA) that is open in infants in the womb. After birth, this artery closes and allows normal blood flow to the lungs. Emmett's PDA has not closed, which is common in premature babies. Therefore, his lungs are not receiving the full amount of oxygen rich blood. Typically doctors will give this artery more time to close on its own, but with Emmett's heart condition, they would rather be proactive in getting it closed sooner. First step, which is the absolute best case scenario, is a simple dose of tylenol or ibuprofen. They started a regiment today, so if you find a second please pray with us that this fixes it. Plan B would involve either surgery or another form if medication that has more severe potential side effects. We do not want plan B as concerned parents.

Mom and dad are doing well. Krystal is progressing nicely with her recovery from the c section. About the only thing left that we're combating is sleep deprevation. Krystal and I spent 15 minutes looking for a bra that she was wearing this morning! We were able to squeeze a nap in today, so we're gaining ground.

Our day was once again filled with so much love, support, and generosity. The Beckers brought us an amazing spread of food today. Ya'll don't be alarmed when next time you see me and I'm 20 lbs heavier! The generosity you guys have shown is simply amazing. The only thing more amazing is the amount of prayers our little Emmett is receiving. Thank you all for everything.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                                Lord God we continue to lift up Emmett and his mom and dad to You for healing, comfort, and peace. Lord we ask specifically for a stable heart and blood pressure to help him gain his strength. Lord it is through Your Son's Blood we are all healed. We ask You Lord for that healing Blood from You through Your Son Jesus bathe Emmett in power and strength. We Love You Lord, and we thank You for Your work in this family. We ask, please see it through to helping them raise up little Emmett in the way he should go as He follows You and works in Your Ways. In the name of Jesus Christ our Savior we ask and pray, Amen.
                                Thank you so much for your heartfelt prayers. They are very comforting.

Thank you all for keeping our little guy in your thoughts and prayers.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X