Bullet stop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bullet stop?

My new place is flat so I don’t have a hill handy if I need to check the sights on a rifle.

I was pondering making a 8’ x 8’ box 5’ tall with RR ties and filling the middle with sand

Anybody have a better ideal?

get high

shoot down

Comment

I considered staggering used tires filled with dirt and 2 layers deep to prevent the chance of bullets going between them. Your idea would look less redneck though.

Comment

water tote filled with sand

Comment

That would work. I scraped up some dirt with my tractor and made a pile about 6' high. A dump truck load would work also.

Comment

Neighbor down the road has several telephone poles stacked up, but I like your idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
              My new place is flat so I don’t have a hill handy if I need to check the sights on a rifle.

I was pondering making a 8’ x 8’ box 5’ tall with RR ties and filling the middle with sand

Anybody have a better ideal?
              I've done this, it will work for a long time, even longer if you're a poor shot.

Comment

I just pushed up a 100 yards worth of dirt up in a pile about 6' tall and 4' thick at the base and shoot into it. Long as you don't miss the mound you will be fine with your solution.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep that'll work. My grandpa has one with a railroad tie frame around it too. He also drove two t-post about 8 feet apart and put a big piece of plywood up in front of it.

Comment

Working...
                  X